"Happy Christmas, Trinket" he mumbled softly, holding back on the physical contact, I could see how badly he wanted to hold her in his arms, cuddle and kiss her. And she looked like she saw that happening too, but hers had a fear that I have never seen before.

"When will you be down, Ryan?" Milo asked and I sighed

"We'll get ready and I'll see if she's comfortable to join" i told him and he nodded, giving me another kiss before he left and blowing her one. i turned to her. She looked like she wanted to say something but she couldn't get the words out.

But she leaned into my physical contact and I felt my heart fill with joy at the fact that she wasn't scared of me, i can't imagine what that filth put her through.

Taking her to the bath i supported her steps, it was evident she wasn't strong enough to safely and steadily support herself and that she would be going through some rough withdrawal over the coming days, weeks or months

I decided to sit her on the counter top, placing the shower on to let it get to temperature before smiling softly to my girl.

I can't believe she's back. She's Alive.

"Principessa, I'm going to remove your clothes now. Okay?" I asked, I didn't know what state she was in, and desperately wanted her to speak to me but she didn't and I know I can't force her, she just nodded and stared off into the distance as if she was dissociating.

She had the shakes and I could tell just how tense she was feeling. The bruising on her face was hard enough, but when I took the clothes that James had put her in off I saw the full extent of her injuries.

And I was furious

I tried to hide my expression as I saw the bruises and cuts and tiny cigarette burns that littered her body. It was horrible. she covered herself with her shaky arms as soon as she noticed me looking her over, instantly making me feel bad.

I got her in the shower and sat her on the floor before getting in with her and sitting on the floor next to her and turning to face her, i didn't know whether she'd be okay with me just in my boxers since it's a shower not a bath so I only took my shirt off. I washed her hair and her body whilst she just looked at me, eventually she rested her head on my bare chest and wrapped her bony arms around me as tightly as she could before letting out a contented sigh and relaxing completely.

We sat there for a while, she was hugging me like I would disappear if she let go before the water started to go cold and i had to get her out.

After she was dry and dressed, i knew i had to go downstairs. But she didn't let go when I set her on the bed, truth be told I didn't want to let go. But it was breaking my heart to know that she didn't feel she could let go of us.

It was evident that she wasn't going to let go - and I wasn't going to force her off of me - so i just brushed through her hair the best I could before taking her downstairs and straight to the kitchen. I needed to get some actual food into her. Lord knows what she had been fed, but it certainly wasn't enough.

Entering the kitchen with Trinny's head buried deep into my neck, my mamma immediately turned around to speak to me but froze when she saw my principessa.

"Mamma, is there any breakfast?" I asked softly and she nodded

"Yes-"

"Can you plate it up for trinny?" I asked before she pulled out of my neck and looked at me. we sat down, Her on my lap as i twisted her round so she faced the table but kept my arms around my waist. I've learned extremely quickly that she's uncomfortable and not okay if she isn't held or having physical contact from one of us.

Mamma put a croissant and cappuccino Infront of each of us and i put mine on principessa's plate. I wasn't that hungry, not as hungry as Trinette may be.

My mamma's eyes softened as she watched me place my croissant on my girls plate and Trinny looked up at me, confused, I could see her hunger but she placed the croissant back on my plate with furrowed brows as if I was doing something wrong, confusing me instead. I placed it back on her plate and she forcibly put it back on mine with a fearful look in her eyes which were pleading with me to stop. I didn't move it again.

Mamma left the room so we could eat in peace and as soon as she had left and Trinny had watched her leave, she ate the croissant with an intensity I've not seen from her before. It made me happy that she was eating.

She turned to me, her mouth was open and looking like she was wanting to say something but she couldn't get the words out. I cradled her face with my hands and pressed a kiss to her forehead before speaking gently

"Take your time, principessa. There's no rush" i encouraged before she snapped her head round at nothing in particular as if she heard something. I watched as she was looking at the empty space before she eventually turned back to the table. She eyed up my croissant, despite having put it back on my plate twice, and i sighed with a smile before handing it to her and she ate that too

My poor girl

~~~

Posted 12.09.23

Ik i posted yesterday but it's Their Innocence's one year birthday today!!!