Chapter 38

"Ha? What kind of fuckery is this?" Soap groaned as he looked at the computer screen.

"Are we in Selan? Can you locate the whereabouts of the capsules from the computer?" Gaz threw one question after another, and you could tell that he was panicking on the inside. Everyone was, and understandably so.

"Let me try," You tried to open the browser to check your current location, but it wasn't Selan. You were in a place called Daram. Selan was two cities away.

"Selan is the city we were in... It's where that disaster happened,"

"Why would they tell their researchers to go there? It's probably completely destroyed by now," Gaz asked, but you just shrugged in response.

"Hell if I know. It's none of my concern what happens to them. We need to leave this place before it's too late," you felt your insides burn in rage as you thought about these *researchers*.

Why would any of you care? It is the consequences of their own actions that came to bite them in the ass. They should deal with it themselves.

Maybe this was against the team's agenda, but you couldn't care less about this world. You couldn't care less about the innocent people who will get caught up in its end.

"The capsules' rooms are on B9, section 5. Rooms 5 and 6 are usable according to the system," you stepped away from the computer as Gaz and Soap leaned closer to the screen to see where it was exactly.

"We can take the staircase down the corridor to reach it. Ghost, can you walk?" Soap looked back at Ghost as he asked.

"I'm good," Ghost attempted to stand, using his hand for support as he pushed against the wall and stood up, slightly shaking as his ragged breaths came out. He wasn't going to stay awake for long, that much was clear to all of you.

There was a moment of silence as everyone gave Ghost a concerned look that he purposely ignored.

"You said we don't have time. Get moving," he grunted as he kicked the door open. You quickly rushed after him, fearing that he might collapse in the middle of the corridor.

"I got you mate," Gaz ran up to Ghost and made him wrap his arm around his shoulder and lean against him for support. Ghost gave him a thankful look as they made their way to the staircase.

"(Y/N)," Layla put a hand on your shoulder and stopped you from moving forward.

"Can you tell me where Ross is? I'll go get him and follow you later," You could hear the urgency in her voice as she pleaded.

"Bu-"

"It's too dangerous. We don't even know if he is still under the drug's effect or not. He would kill you on the spot if he saw you," Soap interrupted, and Layla looked at him for a moment before looking back at you.

"I know that. Please tell me where he is. If we don't come after 10 minutes, just go without us. I can't leave him here," She insisted, now putting both of her hands on your shoulders.

"...He was in the cleaning storage room on the other side of this floor, I'm comi-"

"I'll go with her, you need to stay with them," Soap was quick to shut down your statement.

He looked at Gaz and Ghost who were looking at the scene unfold, and then at Layla. He gave her a firm nod before he turned around and walked in the direction the cleaning storage was in, Layla quickly following behind him.

This was better, Soap can take Ross on if anything was wrong. It's better than you going, that's for sure.

The sound of Ghost coughing brought you back to reality as your head darted to him as he coughed up blood.

"We need to get moving. Now (Y/N)," Gaz ordered as he started to drag Ghost with him as fast as he could. You ran up to them, and walked next to Ghost. Keeping your eyes open for any sort of trap.

The staircase was surprisingly clean of any traps, but that didn't mean that you let your guard down. You walked as quietly as humanly possible to prevent running into any unwanted company.

The floors were silent, and the only visible sound was the lighting sound as it flickered over your heads. The alarms had long since stopped, and only red lights stayed.

Was this a trick? They knew you were still here. Did they think they got rid of you in that explosion? That would be good as it would give you the cover you need.

The corridors were empty as well, and you reached the rooms fairly quickly. The capsules were in good shape, and you turned to face Ghost and Gaz.

"You guys go ahead. I'll wait for Soap and the others," you turned on the device to set up the capsule's destination.

"And leave you alone?" Ghost scoffed, finally looking you in the eye.

"You are dying. Yes, now go," you pointed out his major injury as you finished setting up everything.

"We will be right after you, I promise," You reassured, even when you didn't know whether or not you will be able to keep that promise.

Ghost seemed reluctant about it, he refused to move when Gaz tried to pull him into the capsule, but he was too weak to complain. He was barely keeping himself conscious at that point.

"Stay alert Squirrel, and don't take too long," He finally gave in, and you smiled a little at the name.

"Don't worry,"