Chapter 34

"LOOK OUT!" You were yanked back by Soap as a few bullets flew by Your face.

"I SEE THEM! DROP THEM!" the shooters screamed before rushing to your location. Soap didn't waste any time dragging you inside the room to your right and closing it. The soldiers quickly caught up with his idea and started kicking it open.

"We need to get out of he- GET DOWN!" He grabbed your head and pulled you down as they started shooting through the door now.

"There is gotta be a way to get inside the passage from here. It's all connecte-" You were cut off by more bullets being shot at you, this time even closer to wounding you than before

"GET INTO IT FOR FUCK'S SAKE," Soap barked before he shot back at the door in retaliation.

There was only one side made of metal, so it was easy to find the passage. The shooting had stopped, but you could still hear them outside. They were trying to find another way to get you out without losing any of their men.

You grabbed Soap's arm and pulled him inside the passage before closing it as best as you could, to buy some time.

"Why didn't we do through here from the beginning if it's all connected? We could have reserved more ammo by doing that," Soap grumbled in annoyance as he followed you around, but you didn't have to explain yourself at all.

"Because of this," you nodded at the wire trap near your leg. It was connected to a frag grenade.

"Watch your steps. There are a lot more ahead of us," you had to both duck and raise your feet high enough to not touch the wires. With how narrow the passage was, there was no way you would get out of it alive if you managed to trigger one of the traps.

"But you managed to walk through it the first time you were here,"

"Because they weren't here. Should I remind you that Emma was with us when we escaped? She probably alerted them of the passage," You clicked your tongue in annoyance as he questioned.

It was very difficult to pass by the traps. In the end, you had to crawl on your stomach to avoid getting killed.

"GIVE UP AND WE WILL CONSIDER LETTING YOU JOIN US," You heard one of the soldiers mocking Ghost, his response was shooting a few bullets at them. You looked back at Soap, who nodded at you, before prying a way out of the passage behind the soldiers mocking Ghost.

Everything after that was a blur, you didn't get to do much since you couldn't just reveal that you had a gun yet. You didn't need to either since the soldiers were down before you knew it.

Ghost was at the end of the corridor, but you didn't see him yet. You weren't sure of what to expect, and what to say. Your heart was beating rapidly, not out of nervousness, but out of fear. You were scared of what he might do, and thoughts of running away started seeping through your mind for a few seconds.

Your thoughts were quickly cut off by Soap putting a hand over your shoulder before he stood up.
"WAY'S CLEAR L.T." He yelled for Ghost, who peeked his head to look back at him. He let out a sigh of relief before he started to make his way toward Soap, still not aware of your presence.

"Maybe I should run away for real. He would shoot me on the spot though..."

"Did you get your shit sorted?" He asked while walking toward Soap.

"I got your shit sorted actually." Soap looked at you as he nodded his head toward the direction Ghost was coming from, and you never wanted to kick him so fucking hard in the balls before.

Ghost stopped walking, or you assumed he did because you couldn't hear his footsteps anymore. But then again, your heart was beating too loudly for you to tell properly.

You took a deep breath before you slowly brought yourself to stand up. It was really hard just to do that because your legs felt like they were going to give up out of fear, and the knot in your stomach got even tighter when you made eye contact with him. It felt like you were going to throw up your guts at that very moment.

What happened in the next 5 seconds felt like an eternity to you. You watched as Ghost pointed his gun at you and pulled the trigger, if Soap hadn't been quick enough to push you out of the way, it would have gone right through your skull.

You felt your right cheek and ear burn in pain as you fell to the ground, the bullet had grazed you. At that moment though, the burning in your heart pained you a lot more than any physical injury you had. It hurt worse than the scar on your leg.

"No. Don't cry. We will get through this. We always do" you told yourself as you felt yourself on the verge of crying. You took another deep breath before standing up once more.

"So you won't even hear me??" you spat as Soap stood in front of you, making himself a barrier between you and Ghost.

"Hear you? You tried to kill us twice. I let you go the first time and you came back to get us a second time. What makes you think I would make the same mistake thrice?" he took a firm step toward the two of you. His voice was shaking with anger.

You wanted to say something back, but you couldn't form any words. Your breath was stuck at your throat, and all you felt was fear as he tried to push Soap out of the way.