Chapter 9

"So which one of you little shits planned all this? Did you really think you could escape??" the armed man said as he walked around you in circles.

"Look at you now. On your knees and hands up. Load them into the truck," he said to another guy as one of them tried to drag you toward the truck.

Flashback...

"You have a great taste in clothes, I look dope in this," you smiled as you looked at yourself in the mirror. The outfit Emma picked for you was simple, but pretty. It matched the black face masks they got for the purpose of hiding as well.

"It looks pretty because you are the one wearing it," she complimented, and you giggled as you slapped her arm. She laughed in response. Layla stepped out wearing hers a couple minutes later.

"I agree on both statements. You have a great taste, and you make the outfit look prettier," she smiled at the two of you as she walked toward you, her cute dimples showing. She checked herself out in the mirror, fixing any issues with her outfits.

"Oh I'm flattered. Being complimented by the epitome of beauty," you dramatically waved your hands around, letting out a dramatic sigh as you leaned against Layla.

"You look gorgeous mi lady," you put a hand behind your back as you slightly bowed to her.

"Why, thank you," she played along as she bowed back in a ladylike manner, and the three of you ended up cracking in the bathroom. You get weird looks from an old lady who stepped inside.

"Let's go now," Emma mumbled as she tried to hold back her laugh.

"Yes... Mi lady!" never in your life have you seen a hand fly to someone's mouth so fast as Emma snorted. Layla bit her lower lip as the old lady coughed in a way to tell you to keep it down.

"So now we are clothed and fed. Where do we go? We need to find a way to go back to our world," Layla asked as the three of you walked to the area you were supposed to meet Noah and Ross at.

"How? Do you have your phone?" you raised an eyebrow at her as you continued to walk ahead.

"No, I think it stayed in the game... So unless one of the characters come here with it, it's probably lost forever," she shrugged.

"I doubt anyone would. I didn't make impactful relationships there so... But maybe you have a chance. You fought with them after all, right?" she looked at you as she questioned.

"Yeah... I did," you stopped at the agreed spot as you turned to face Emma and Layla.

You froze in your spot as you looked at the two armed men standing behind Layla and Emma, holding them at gunpoint.

"On your knees. Hands up. Now," he ordered, and you shared a look with your two friends before slowly kneeling down and bringing your hands up.

"This is Bravo 1. We got the three girls, how is it going on your side?" the man standing behind Emma brought a radio to his face as he spoke into it. The other guy was looking at him as he spoke to God knows who.

You took the chance and nodded your head at Layla before grabbing a fistful of snow and throwing it at the guy behind Emma. She quickly ducked and kicked his ankle, making him fall on his ass before she ran into the alleyway to her right. Layla ran in the opposite direction, and you ran inside the building behind you.

"Shit. STOP!" You heard the idiot scream behind you as you dashed up the staircase. It seemed like they ditched Emma and Layla as the two of them followed after you. You kicked the door to the first floor open and ran to the staircase at the other end. You needed to get out of the building somehow. They are bound to catch you if you stay here.

As soon as you reached the ground floor, you were pulled to the side by one of the armed men that wasn't there before. He grabbed you by the waist and threw you can inside one of the rooms.

"Ya think you can escape?? Think again," he hissed as he slammed the door behind him and started walking toward you. You held your stomach in pain as you tried to stand up. Waiting for him to get close enough so you can pull out the gun and neutralize him.

As soon as he was close enough, you pulled out the gun and aimed at his leg. The bullet grazed the side of his leg, completely missing. He hissed in pain as he kneeled down and held where the area where the bullet grazed him. You tried to shoot him again, but the gun was empty. You looked horrified at the gun before you dashed at the man, kicking him down in the progress and grabbing his gun on your way out.

You heard voices coming from the other side of the door. The voices of the men who were chasing you before.

"Shit... SHIT!" You looked around in panic, trying to find a way to get out. Your only way was through the window, but it was risky because it would cause serious injuries. You had to make sure they don't follow you or you would be dead. You inhaled sharply as you looked at the guy who was starting to stand up again, noticing the gas barrels behind him.

You grabbed a big rock from the ground and smashed it against the window. You ran toward it as you shots few bullets at the gas barrel behind the guy, who ducked down thinking you were shooting at him. The explosion sent you flying out of the building, and your back hit the wall of the building facing the building you just left, knocking the air out of you. You gasped for air as you held your back in pain.

A shadow appeared from the now-burning building. It was one of the men who were chasing you, and he was on fire... Literally.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS YOU LITTLE SHIT!" He screamed as he dashed toward you in an attempt to burn you with him. You felt your body freeze in fear as images of your sister started flashing in your mind.

The guy fell to the ground a few feet away from you as a bullet went through his skull. He was dead. You breathed out and blinked before looking at the direction of the bullet to see a very familiar figure approaching you.