53 | FIFTY-THREE

DANTE'S POV

That motherfucker who had taken money from him hadn't returned yet; it was past his due date.

So I had to take things into my own hands. I told Laura that I had to go out on a business trip, and until I came back, Giovanni would take care of her.

I was in the middle of killing the jerk who wasn't ready to give me my money until a phone call interrupted me.

Sighing, I pull out the phone from my pocket, still aiming the gun at that man's head, and look up at the caller ID.

Giovanni must have been jobless right now to call me during something important.

Answering the call, I hear Giovanni breathlessly saying, "Dante, Laura." What the fuck did he mean?

Putting the phone close to my ears, I ask Giovanni worriedly, "What do you mean?"

"Dante, Laura, she is not okay," Giovanni says, making me shoot the guy in front of me.

I didn't have time to waste on this guy's return of the money. Losing a small amount of money wouldn't make me bankrupt.

I cut the call and put the phone back in my pocket. "Clean this mess," I say to my men as they walk up to the car. "Office," I say to Luka.

I pull out the phone from my pocket and dial Gabrielle's number. If this bitch did anything to Laura, she is going to be so doomed.

In a few rings, Gabrielle picks up the call. "Dante, look, I want you to go to the nearest hospital near the office; Laura must be admitted there," says Gabrielle.

"What the fuck happened to her?" I yell, making Luka look up at me. "The Russians came to the office and attacked Laura," she says, making my blood boil.

The fucking nerves those people have to touch what's mine Before I could cut the call, Gabrielle says, "But Dante, one more thing: those Russians came to kill me, but Laura came in front to save me." "I'm sorry I couldn't protect her."

"It's, fine!" I say, I don't know how I managed to say those words, but I did. "I'm following those Russians, Dante; talk to you later," Gabrielle says, disconnecting the call.

Did she change? I mean, anyone would after knowing Laura's pure heart. Those Russian motherfuckers are going to die one way or another, but Laura was important.

"Not the office; take me to the nearest hospital there," I say to Luka, who nods, speeding up the speed of the car.

"What's wrong? You look worried; I've never seen you like this before," says Luka. "The Russians attacked Laura; she is in the hospital," I say to him, making him frown.

"Aw, poor girl, she doesn't deserve all this; don't worry, Dante, she is really good; God won't want to hurt a good person," Luka says, consoling me.

If it were true, but in my case, God always hurt and took away my closest, good people.