1 | ONE

LAURA'S POV

I wasn't a morning person, but school was something that I could never skip. I mean, I know studies are boring, but the drama that I get to see in University every day is not.

That was something I would never want to miss; mostly, University are known to give students a good education. But if this is the case, then our university is entirely opposite.

Our high school was mostly famous because all millionaires' kids would easily get admission here. As you could say, a lot of rich, spoiled brats could be easily found here.

If the school took any action on the bad behavior of the students, their parents would bribe the school to leave the matter of their child alone.

A small number of people had gotten scholarships; those kids weren't rich enough, so they would often be judged for what clothes they wore, from the small place they came from.

But I'll have to say they were really smart in their studies, and that's how they were able to come to this school.

As I reach the school, my driver parks the car outside the school gate. Letting out a sigh, I grab my headset and wear it around my neck, and I get out of the car with my bag and shut the door.

I remove the phone from my pocket and see the time-it was around six forty-five and the school would start at seven thirty.

There was a lot of time left; maybe I could explore more places around the school, I thought to myself.

"Little Ma'am, Laura," a calm voice says, snapping me out of my thought.

I tilt my head up to see Carlos (the driver) standing in front of me. He was a man in his late forties and was almost six feet tall.

A man who I saw as a father and as my real dad didn't give two shit on my existence. But Carlos did; he cared for me like I was his daughter.

"Yeah, Carlos, what's up?" I asked Carlos
"Little ma'am, my daughter has gotten her scholarship here," he tells me with a calm voice.

"Wow, that's great news!" I exclaim. "Hmm, so I guess you would want me to show Dove the school around, yea?" I ask him.

"Yeah, dear, if you don't mind and if you are not busy," he says with a smile.
"Not at all." "Of course I would love to show her around." I grin at him.

"Where is Dove?" I ask Carlos.
"She must be here anytime soon; she is maybe driving the bicycle." He says.

Cycle?? She is driving a bicycle to come here?!

I shake my head and ask Carlos. "Here? With cycle?".

"No, why would she want to hurt her leg driving a long way from her home to high school?"

"We can't afford for her to go on a cab every day," he frowns and says.
"Cab? Ha!" "U don't need any cab, Carlos." I wave my hand in the air and say.

"But-" before he could say a thing. I saw Dove park her bicycle. I look toward Dove and wave at her; she smiles and waves back.

With a beautiful smile on her face, she walks towards us. "From now on, let Dove come with me in the same car, Carlos; bring her along with you," I say, and he hesitates and says, "No, no, dear, I don't want to trouble you."

"Trouble?" "No, there is no problem if you bring her in the same car, and in fact I'll get a morning companion," I insisted, he couldn't say no and agreed to bring Dove with him from now on.