PROLOGUE

I run up to an unknown dark room, from where I hear the sobbing sounds of a woman.

I look around the place, and behind the bed, I hear the sobbing noise coming from. Was someone behind the bed? I question my imaginary friend, who I talk to like crazy when I'm alone.

Getting some nerves, I walk up near the bed and see a woman who looked to be in her late 40s. I walk up to her and bend over on my knees, patting her back.

"Are you a captive too?" I ask her concern. She looks up at me. A strange feeling hits me.

"Help me, keep my son happy," she says, holding my hands and begging.

"Unfortunately, I don't know him, but is there anything else I can do for you?" I want her to know I can't help her with anything.

Before she could answer, the door burst open, and Dante came in. "What the fuck do you think you're doing here?" He growls so loudly that I flinch back.

"Didn't I tell you not to come here?" He asks while yanking me out of the room. Before I could say a thing, I heard the woman say, "Dante, don't do anything to her; she's here for me."

On hearing that, Dante stops turning around to look at that woman. "She is my fiancée mom; she needs to be taught some manners now," he says before shutting the door.

Mom? She was Dante's mom? Why did she ask me to keep her kid happy? Who did I have to keep happy, Dante?