38 | THIRTY-EIGHT

"Alright, bake," I say. "And you're tired already? Well, ok, I guess make yourself fresh, eat, and sleep," I say to her.

I leave the room, but this time I don't lock it. I believed she wouldn't do something stupid, at least not now when she was sleepy.

Going back to the kitchen, I see Martha look up at the letter I just wrote. As she notices my presence, she flinches.

"Ahh, sir? Thanks for sharing a piece of cake with me," Martha says to me with a chuckle.

"Laura made it, Martha; it tastes really good; have a try," I say to Martha, who takes a piece and eats it.

"Wow, it tastes so good, Dante. Laura is an angel; don't lose her," Martha says. "Of course, Martha, I won't," I say to her, and she gives a smile.

I knew Martha since I was a kid; she was like my second mother; she has taken care of me for a long time now. I respected her.

"Martha, I need you to arrange everything that you will need to make a pasta; I'll be making it." "Sure, on it," she says, arranging everything.

Once she was done, on one stove, she started cooking, and on another, I was making the paasta and sauce.

Once I was done, I took a bite, liked the taste, and hoped that Laura would too. I served Laura whatever Martha had cooked and some of the paasta that I had made.

"Martha, have some pasta for yourself too," I say to Martha, who gives me a smile and nods.

Taking the food, I went up to my room, where Laura would be, and found her wearing a nightgown and sitting still on the bed.

"Here, eat this; I brought you this here so that you don't have to walk up to the table," I say, handing her a plate.

"Dante, I would love it if this plate had only one type of dish, not many." She says it, and I just nod. "Okay, now eat," I say.

She takes a bite of the pasta and lets out a moan. "Mhm, wow, Dante, I feel like kissing Martha's hands; it's so tasty," she says. Was it that good? Then I must be gifted something for it!

"Then do it," I say, extending my hands again. She looks up at me, confused, while having a morsel of food in her mouth and munching on it.

"I did the pasta," I say, smirking and still holding out my hands. She swallows down the food and kisses my hand, making me smirk.

"Mmh, now that you have been done with bath and food, do you choose to sleep?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm tired and sleepy," she says, keeping the plate on the nightstand. She goes to the bathroom. To brush, I guess.

I take the plate and leave the room, go down to the kitchen, and keep it in the sink.

While I came back to the room, Laura was on the bed with sheets covering her body.