37

Melody •

My driver finally made it to my home.

I was so depleted by all the activities that I did today and the big win at the awards ceremony.

Who knew that people really connected to my music the way that they did.

I won two out of the three nominations and even that was perfect for me.

Paying my driver, I gather my things, and walked out the vehicle.

Fumble for my keys I looked back over my shoulder as my eyes watch the truck leave out and another vehicle pulling in.

Squinted my eyes as it was hard to make it out who it could be because of the lights being so bright, I quickly inserted the key into the lock.

" hey wait mel, sheesh I'm not a stranger" autumn laugh at me

Rolling my eyes I was disappointed at her actions.

All she had to do was call me and inform me that she was coming over after the awards, no instead she pulls up into my driveway like a bat out of hell.

" you know it's called a cellphone for a reason" I said smart.

She rolled her eyes and suck her teeth before following me inside the home.

" yeah I know but what fun is that when I can just pull up Instead"

" not when you gave me a fright, anyway what are you doing here?"

She place her hand over her chest as if I offended her by her presence being here unannounced.

" well that isn't a way to invite me over for a mini celebration on your big wins tonight, come on girl your a hit"

I smiled at the accomplishment that I had made but I knew I was feeling very drained.

" how excited I am for this amazing win, celebrating tonight may be a no. So, rain check?"

Autumn pouted while dragging her feet to the living room, flopping down on the couch.

She then removed one of the pillows before placing it over her lap and using her elbows to rest on it.

"Very well, I let the celebration slide for only tonight, but tomorrow we do a little something, speaking of everything that went down how did you feel about Shang performance?"

" really autumn" i sigh

" I'm serious, you can't say that the song he performed wasn't for you and that other chick he was watching the both of you. I thought it was pretty poetic how he flip the script and had it coming from more of a female prospective"

I laughed " and I how could you possibly had detected that autumn"

She the smack her lips.

" I'm mean honestly, you could hear the high pitch type of voice verses his other songs it was a complete different kind of flow, I don't know but he truly deserve another chance if given that"