37} Snow Ball

~One Month Later~

"Jenna! Get your ass in here!"
Jenna had just arrived at the Wheeler's to pick up Nancy for the Snow Ball. They both volunteered, along with Jon and Alice, to help out the middle schoolers with their dance. Jenna had also forced Steve to go for a part of it with the bribe of them going out and about for a bit afterwards. She wanted to not only get him outside of his comfort zone a bit, but just hang out with him.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Nancy eyed Jenna's look up and down as soon and Jenna had walked through the door.
"What?" Jenna questioned, "I'm wearing a dress, which I don't normally do. Plus, I put a bit of product in my hair AND my dress is colorful. As you can see, it's red."
"Nope, not gonna do. Come here. And for the record, you're always wearing red, Jen. It's nothing new."

Nancy pulled Jenna up the stairs ready to give her a makeover.
"Please don't ruin my face," Jenna whined.
"I won't," Nancy scoffed, "Just come here."

Nancy sat Jenna down on her bed and grabbed her makeup box. She put eyeshadow, blush, mascara, and eyeliner on Jenna's face then held a mirror up for Jenna to look at herself.
"Not awful," Jenna moved her head from side to side, "But, I don't look like me."
"Well, you look fancy," Nancy told her, "So, that's all that matters for tonight. Now, we better get going."
"Thank you, Nancy. Even though I look like a clown."
"Anything for my best gal pal. Especially if I can get you to look nice, not like a clown, thank you very much."

~

Jenna and Nancy had been placed on punch bowl duty while Jon took photos and Alice yelled at kids for being too close together. Jenna was peeking her head through the crowds of kids so she could keep an eye out for when Steve showed up with Dustin. She offered to drive her little brother, but he really wanted Steve to drive him.

"What's in this stuff?" A kid asked while Nancy poured him a cup of punch.
"Pure fuel," She told him.
Jenna nudged Nancy and laughed a bit with her. It was nice for Jenna to be able to spend a bit of time with Nancy. It'd been a while since they'd really gotten to hang out.
"Looks like your two kids are here," Nancy pointed to the parking lot where Steve had just pulled in.
"Good one, Nance."

"Hey," Jenna threw her arms out towards her brother, "Lookin' good. What's with the hair?"
"I took Steve's advice," He grinned. "I think I'm gonna get all the ladies."
"I bet," Jenna's eyes widened. "Well, you head on inside, I need to drag Steve's ass in if I want him here."
Dustin jogged inside the middle school while Jenna finished her walk to Steve's car.

"Whoa, Jen," Steve exclaimed, "I don't think I've ever seen you wear that much makeup."
"I know, I hate it," She complained. "Nancy put it on me and I don't like it. It feels weird."
"Hey, stop that. You look beautiful, Jenna. With or without makeup."
"Thanks. You don't clean up bad yourself, Harrington. Love the sweater."
"So, do I actually have to do this volunteering stuff?"
"Yes, now let's get back inside before the monitors start to notice."

~

Jenna was standing in the hall with Alice and Steve. They'd all wandered off out of boredom from the dance and to just take a brief break.
"Do you guys remember our Snow Ball?" Jenna asked.
"Yeah," The two others said.
"I had my first kiss that night," Alice looked over at Jenna with a cheeky grin, making Jenna laugh, too.
"What's so funny?" Steve asked.
"Do you remember when I snuck off for a bit that night, Steve?" Jenna asked and Steve nodded. "Well, Alice and I had started running through the school halls. She'd never been inside the middle school before and she wanted a tour around in case we wanted to mess with the younger kids when she came back to visit.  Anyways, we got caught by Mrs. Lewis and we hid from her in a janitor's closet. And just for fun we ended up kissing in the closet. Ahhh, fun times."