5} Friend Fallouts

BEEP

Seriously? It feels like I just fell asleep

BEEP

Please just leave me alone

*silence*

Wait a minute, if I didn't shut that thing up then who the fuck did?

Jenna opened her eyes to find none other than Steve Harrington with one arm around her waist and the other being retracted from the alarm clock.
When did he show up? And how hadn't I noticed?

Jenna adored and hated when Steve would hold her like that. She loved being close to him and felt comfort whenever she was near him but at the same time, it hurt to leave. Jenna had always had a minor thing for her best friend, though she forced it to subside in her thoughts so she wouldn't disrupt their friendship. And now that he was dating Nancy Wheeler she really needed those feelings to go away. For good. She couldn't hurt her two best friends by letting this spill. After quickly remembering that she was supposed to be mad at Steve, she quickly detached his arm from her and got up out of the bed.

"What are you doing here and when did you get here?" she asked. Her gaze quickly fell to the empty bottle of vodka sitting on the floor and tucked it under her bed with her foot hoping he hadn't seen it.
"Well, I'm here because movie night was last night and I got here after you fell asleep," he responded, "and I'm so so so so sooooooooo sorry that I got here late. I never intended to..."
"Why were you late?" Jenna cut him off.
"I, uhhhh," Steve took a second, trying to come up with a good excuse but couldn't and spilled the truth, "I was at Nancy's last night, lost track of time, and when I finally remembered, it was late and you had fallen asleep."

"Get out."
"What?"
"You heard me. Out. Now."
"But, Jenna..."
"I said. Now!"
"Fine. Fine. If that's what you really want. Just know that I feel absolutely terrible. Is there anything-"
"When it was the first time, yah that's fixable. Second time was rough but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Third time, I just drowned everything out with vod- uh, Fourth time, I took a crap ton of melatonin and just slept instead of dealing with you. This is the fifth time Steve, almost all in a row, and I just can't deal with you and your bullshit anymore. So get the fuck out of my room, get the fuck out of my house, then leave me the fuck alone for a while."
"Jenna..."

"Just...Leave. I can't deal with this right now. I put so much time and effort into this friendship and you can't even take the time to come over to watch a movie with me. I put up with your cruel friends, random hookups and your sorry ass but you can't do one thing for me. God! Go away."

Steve stood there in complete and utter shock. She'd never snapped at him like this. Ever. He also didn't know that she felt like that. She always told him, 'oh it's fine' or 'we can just reschedule'. She'd never told him how upset it truly made her and this somehow made him feel even shittier about what he's done to her. He grabbed his stuff and headed out her window. Before he closed it he told her,
"Jenna, you don't know how fucking sorry I am. I never wanted to make you feel like this and I know there's not much I can do to fix this but please, don't leave."
"Depends how I feel later. For now, just go."

And with that, Steve closed Jenna's window, got in his car, and left to go home so he could change before school. Jenna stood in shock in her bedroom. In shock that she actually yelled at him like that and shock that she spilled the truth. To any normal person, a friend missing a couple movie nights was nothing but to her and Steve, it meant everything. Or did at one point at least. When Jenna and Steve first met in 5th grade, Jenna was new and Steve was the weird kid who got picked on. Jenna was the only one who ever stood up for Steve which gave them a close bond.