34} Morse Code and Surprise Guests

The plan was to use the Byers' shed in the back as a way to interrogate Will. They were going to cover it in sheets so Will wouldn't recognize where he was. Jenna was out in the shed with Nancy and Steve, helping them staple up a tarp to one of the walls. Jenna just stood at the bottom of a ladder that Steve was on and held it in place for him so he wouldn't fall.

Steve descended the ladder and came face-to-face with Nancy.
"Hey," She told him, "What you did, um, helping the kids... that was... really cool."
"Yeah," He chuckled, "Well, it was mostly Jenna. Her and Dustin just dragged me along for the ride. I don't know what would've happened if she wasn't there. She was the one that did all of the protecting."
"Those little shits are real trouble," She bumped Steve in the shoulder with her own, "I handle them a lot, but it's much nicer with help."
Nancy looked between Jenna and Steve who were just laughing at each other. It even caused her to smile at them a bit and think to herself,
How stupid are these two to not figure out that they're in love with each other?

"Hey," Jenna said to Nancy, "Mind holding the ladder for me? I'm getting really drained and I want to absorb a bit more electricity before anything happens."
"Sure."
Nancy walked over and held the base of the ladder for Steve while Jenna walked outside.
"You two are a good combo," Nancy told Steve. "I know you guys are best friends, but I mean it. Even if you weren't, I think you two would still be quite the team."
"You think?" Steve wondered.
"I know so," Nancy laughed. "Your personalities are so different yet work together so well. I don't get it, but I love it nonetheless."
"Yeah, I guess you're right," Steve looked out the window next to him at Jenna just basking in the moonlight, "I guess we do work pretty well."

~

Everyone had finished setting up the shed. All of the walls were covered and Will was tied to a chair in the center of the shed with Hopper, Joyce, Alice, Mike, and Jonathan all in there with Will waiting to wake him up. Jenna would've gone with them, but her knowing the mind Flayer probably wouldn't have gone over well. So, she sat with everyone else in the house.

Jenna decided to help Steve put together what was happening. After a bit, he started to catch on and Jenna was free to go comfort her brother, who was pacing the house with his hands up in his hair.
"Hey, Dust," She lightly placed her hand on one of his shoulders, "It's gonna be okay."
"I know," He said, shakily. "I just don't want things to get worse."
"They won't. And even if they do, I'll be here to help."
"But you're injured."
"Has that ever stopped me before?"
"No, but-"
"Exactly. Now stop worrying so much and give me a hug, dipshit."

Dustin fell right into his sister's open arms. The two stayed in their sibling hug for a bit with Jenna swaying a bit back and forth. She pulled back and looked her brother in the eyes.
"We've got this," She told him, confidently.
"We got this," He repeated.
They nodded in agreement and Jenna went to go sit down. She hadn't said anything, but her leg was killing her. The Demo-Dog had done some serious damage, but she was going to try and power through. She hated sitting on the sidelines and not being able to do anything.

She just looked around the house, observing everyone. Nancy stood against a wall, Lucas and Max were sitting together in the hallway, Dustin was chatting with Steve who was practicing swinging his bat, and Jenna, herself, who was just sitting and doing nothing for the first time that day. 
This is actually kinda nice. Wish this wouldn't change. Well, except for the evil inter dimensional monster stuff, that could change.

Right as Jenna was starting to get comfortable, the lights started to flicker.
Oh, shit.
Jenna closed her eyes and sensed around for what was causing the surges. That was another thing she could do, tell what, other than herself, was changing electricity in her vicinity.
Mind Flayer.