28} IT ATE MY CAT!?

RING!

Jenna grabbed the landline that she had right next to her bed.
"Hello, Henderson's, Jenna speaking," She said into the phone.
"Hey, it's Jon," Jonathan told her from the other end, "I was wondering if you were up for an adventure?"
"What kind?"
"Nancy and I want to talk with the Hollands and maybe  visit Murray Bauman to help with Barb, you in?"
"Jon I-" Jenna was about to say that she didn't agree with telling the Hollands anything, but she was cut off.

"I wanna come," Alice piped in from another phone in the Byers' house.
"What?" Jon questioned, "No, you can't come."
"Why not? I'm bored as hell and just want to get out of here."
"Jenna?" Jon asked to see if she though Alice going would ruin everything.
"Just let her go," Jenna sighed, "It won't hurt her. She's desensitized to this type of shit at this point."

A quiet 'yes' could be heard, like Alice pulled the phone from her head for a second. "Jenna, you coming, too? I may need a wingman to make sure that the two horny-ass teens don't get too rowdy," Alice giggled.
"You know I don't agree with telling them, Jon," Jenna ignored Alice for the time being, "For their safety and ours. Plus, someone has to stay here with the kids."
"Why? They're old enough! I want you to come," Alice complained.
"Ummm..."
"It's just good to have one of us here with them, Alice," Jon covered. "Jenna is the designated babysitter. And nothing is gonna happen, by the way."
"Ugh, fine. But your loss Jenna. Jon, you and I will be having a cousin-to-cousin talk later, got it? Oh, and talk to you later, Jelly Belly."
"Bye, Alice."

Alice hung up her line and left just Jenna and Jonathan again.
"I don't think telling the Hollands is smart," Jenna muttered into the phone.
"I know you don't, but we have to do something."
"I think talking with Murray might be alright, though."
"Why's that?"
"He'll never share where he got any info from. And he believes anything as long as you back it up with good evidence."
"Thanks, Jenna. Well I better go-"
"Oh, when you go," Jenna quickly added, "Tell Murray that 'Jammin Jenna wants to know how Mr. Bald Eagle is doing'. He'll know what that means."
"Um... okay," Jon replied, hesitantly, "I'll get right on that. Well, I have to get to bed now. Talk later, Jen."
"Stay safe, Jon."
"You, too."

~

After what happened the day before, Jenna told her mom that she was feeling like shit and wanted to stay home. Jenna rarely asked to stay home, so Mrs. Henderson didn't mind. Jenna slept most of the day, just trying to settle her mind and give herself a 'reset' kind of day. So, while Jenna was fast asleep at her house, her best friend was stuck at school playing basketball once again with Billy. Billy had the ball while Steve was trying to block his shot.

"All right!" Billy laughed, "All right, all right! King Steve. King Steve, everyone." He gestured to a crouching Steve in front of him, "I like it. Playing tough today."
"Jesus!" Steve snapped, "Do you ever stop talking? Come on!"
"What? You afraid the coach is gonna bench you now that I'm here? Huh? And where's Sweet cakes, Harrington? Haven't seen her around today."
"Shut up. Just play the fu-"

Billy cut Steve off by ramming into him and sending him into the floor. Billy then ran down the rest of the court and made a basket causing his teammates to whoop and holler at his victory. Billy walked back over to Steve, giving Steve mild deja vu from their game the day before. Billy leaned down and got right in Steve's face.
"You were moving your feet. Plant them next time, draw a charge."
Billy stood up and nudged Steve in the side with his foot, rubbing in his victory over the old king of Hawkins High.

After gym, everyone went to the locker rooms to get showers. Steve was at one of the showers, drenching his face to wash away all of the sweat from his face, as well as the annoyance he'd been bottling up. He was just starting to relax himself when Billy and Tommy came up to the same 3-part shower he was at.
Oh, great. Why can't anyone just leave me alone for 2 seconds!?