50} Family Reunion

"And... blend."
Dustin had been peeking his head outside of the bathroom door for the past few minutes waiting for the movie to let out and it finally did. Robin, Alice, Dustin, Erica, Steve, and Jenna all scurried into the crowd of people just hoping they wouldn't be spotted by any lingering Russians. They tried to simply meld with the crowd as best as they could.
"Well, shit, that worked," Erica said, surprised, as they walked down the hall.
"Course it worked," Dustin smiled, "Now, we just have to get on the bus with the rest of these plebes, and home sweet home, here we come."

"Uh, Dustin?" Steve quietly said.
"What?"
"Yeah, we might not wanna go to your house."
"Why?"
"This bozo told one of the guards your full name," Jenna shoved Steve in the shoulder.
"What is wrong with you?" Dustin whisper-yelled at Steve.
"Dude, I was drugged," Steve defended.
"So?"
"So?"
"So, you resist. You tough it out. You tough it out like a man."
"Oh, yeah, it's easy for you to say."

"Guys?" Robin cut their bickering off.
As the group looked ahead, they saw the Russians who had followed them out of the base talking with people leaving the mall. This sent a wave of panic through everyone.
"Abort," Alice turned around. As she did so, the Russians, unfortunately, caught sight of them. "Abort. Abort. Abort!"

They all started running through the waves of people covering the mall until they reached the escalator, which was inconveniently closed. Instead, they each took turns sliding down the center of the escalator straight down to the bottom floor. From there, they ran over to the food court where they hid behind the service counter of The Great Cookie.

Jenna was hearing sounds of the men finishing their complete clear out of the mall and noises being emitted from the walkie talkies they carried. Erica started getting a bit antsy and wiggled her feet around. Only a few seconds later, Jenna heard one of the guys say that he'd found them into the walkie. Jenna closed her eyes and wrapped both of her arms around Steve's. She was scared shitless, but was trying to mentally prepare herself in case she needed to fight the men off.

Jenna had just taken a deep breath, ready to jump out from behind the counter, when a car alarm started to go off on what she assumed was one of the display cars in the mall. What was heard next was a loud crash on the other side of the food court.
The fuck...

Jenna peeked her head up first with the others quickly following her actions. When they looked up, they found the Russians knocked out on the floor and a car slammed against one of the restaurants. They then looked the other way to see their other friends standing on the top floor of the mall with El being front and center wiping the blood that slowly oozed from her nose.

Jenna and the group ran from behind the counter while the people from the upper floor ran downstairs.
"You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!" Dustin yelled as he ran towards his friends for a big hug.
"Lucas?" Erica yelled at her brother.
"What are you doing here?" Lucas asked her.
"Ask them," She gestured to Steve, Alice, Robin, Dustin, and Jenna behind her, "It's their fault."
"True, yeah. Totally true. It's absolutely our fault," Steve rambled, taking full responsibility.

"I don't understand what happened to that car," Robin was out of the loop and greatly confused.
"El has superpowers," Dustin said, casually.
"I'm sorry?" She asked.
"Superpowers. She threw it with her mind. C'mon, catch up," Steve told her.
"That's El?" Erica asked.
"Who's El?" Robin was very confused.
"I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy pointed towards Robin.
"This is Robin," Jenna explained, "Our co-worker at Scoops."
"She helped Jenna crack the top secret code," Dustin bragged.