52} Sneaking Around the Russian Base... Again

"This is a two man operation. Two! Now three with Jenna's plan," Hopper was getting heated in the conversation that was taking place while he, Joyce, Murray, and Jenna were hiking through the back halls of Starcourt.
"Yeah, well, change of plans," Joyce told him.
"Change of plans?"
"Yeah. Will you explain it to him, please?"
"We have two options here, Jim," Murray started to explain, "We can turn the machine off, or we can explode it."
"Oh, yeah, says who?" Jim asked while loading up a gun he held in his hands.
"Says the man who built it!" Murray exclaimed.

"Yeah, and we want to explode it!" Joyce yelled.
"I wanna explode it, too," Jenna nodded in agreement.
"Or else our heroic efforts will be for naught!" Murray added. "This is a four man operation, Jim, not two."
"I just thought of something," Jenna said quietly from the back of the group, "In order to explode it, either you're gonna have to blow me up or we'll all have to work in a very strategic manner to have me, you know, not die."
"Oh," Murray sighed, "didn't think about that."
"Of course you didn't, Bald Eagle."
"I thought I told you to stop calling me that... Jammin' Jenna."
"What?" Hopper looked back at the two.

"He used to babysit me when I was younger. We had stupid nicknames for each other. Long story," Jenna shook her head.
Hopper rolled his eyes and kept hauling along until they reached the elevator, where Jenna used a key card she stole from a guard to operate it.

"This is boring," Jenna whined, "Oooh! I have an idea!" She reached in her pocket and grabbed her cassette player out and hit play. Bad, Bad Leroy Brown started to play. "Well, the south side of Chicago is the baddest part of town. And if you go down there you better just beware of a man named Leroy Brown."
"Jenna?" Hopper looked over to her, "Could you please quiet down a bit?"
"But it's one of our songs! I'm Leroy and you are Jim."
"You can keep the song playing, just stop singing, please. It's a tad bit distracting, kid."
"Fine, Dad!"

"So, plan is I yank those cables like I'm pulling weeds," Murray continued on with actually important planning stuff to make sure everyone was on the same page.
"And that'll set off the alarm-" Hopper was following.
"According to Alexei, may his soul rest in peace," Murray lowered his head slightly, "Which should give you three an opening to retrieve the keys from the vault."
"And then we just follow the map to the observation room, turn the key-" Joyce said.
"Kaboom, we blow this sucker sky-high," Murray smiled at everyone.
"Well, after I close this thing," Jenna added in, "We don't know if the gate itself will fully close after you destroy the machine. I don't want this stupid, motherfucking, being bugging my friends and family ever again. I will make sure of it."
"Language," Hopper nudged her.
"Shut up, old man. I'm an adult and I needed to add emphasis. You do it all the time."

"Yeah, that," Joyce awkwardly smiled at Jenna trying to blow over the situation with Hop, "Then once Jenna closes the rift and the thing gets blown up, we escape through the vents."
"Right under their commie noses," Murray said.
"That is if they don't spot me at all," Jenna smiled, "remember, I have been down here for over twenty four hours and have been tortured for several of those hours. They will recognize me, and if they do, we're kind of fucked. They don't like me or ice cream very much."

"Uh..." Hopper looked skeptical of everything.
"Oh, god, just because it wasn't your plan doesn't mean it was a bad plan," Joyce told him.
"I didn't say it was a bad plan," Hopper got all defencive.
"You made a noise," Joyce rolled her eyes.
"I did not make a noise."
"You did, too."
"So," Jenna whispered to Murray, "Anything going on between them yet?"
"Why do you ask?"
"They're bickering more than normal."
"Unfortunately, no. I did tell them to pull over to the side of the road and get it over with, but no one listens to the Bald Eagle. Even when I know what I'm talking about."
"I'm deeply sorry. But, I mean, if they had gotten it over with, they'd be much less annoying."
"Agreed. Now, let's break this up before things get too far out of hand."