33} Oh, Yeah. It's All Coming Together

Jenna squinted open her eyes. As she looked up, she was met with Steve's face looking down at her.
"Hey," He whispered, "you're awake."
"Ugh," Jenna grunted as she tried to sit up.
"No, no, no," Steve shushed, "Just lay back down for a minute so you can at least wake up."
He had her laying across his lap with her legs draped over the arm of the chair they were sitting in.

"Where are we?" She asked him.
"At the Byers," he told her, "Will's still asleep."
"God, everything fucking hurts."
"I bet. Me and Hopper cleaned your cuts up a bit more properly. Hopefully they'll heal better now."
"Hey kid," She heard from across the room.
Jenna sat up a bit and looked over to find Hopper leaning against the wall opposite her.
"Hey, Hop. Thanks for cleaning my cuts."
"No problem. They were pretty bad, didn't wanna see you dying from infection."
"You're so considerate."

"Jenna!" Dustin came barreling into the room.
Jenna fully sat up at that point and pushed Steve half off the chair.
"Hey, Dust!"
Dustin barreled into her and started to hug the shit out of her.
"Be careful, bitch," She winced, "That really fucking hurt."
"Sorry," Dustin backed away. "I'm just happy you're up."
"So, what'd I miss?"

Dustin told her that Hopper had called for backup, that Will was being controlled by the spider-like thing Jenna had seen in his mind, there were tunnels running under Hawkins, as well as the fact that Bob, Joyce's boyfriend, had died in the lab. Hopper was back on the phone at that point and was calling once again to check in on back up. Jenna wanted to be in the dining room with everyone else, so Steve helped her walk in there. Steve leaned against a cabinet in the kitchen while hugging Jenna who stood in between his legs.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Mike asked Hop as he hung up the phone.
"We'll see," Hop told him.
"'We'll see'?" Mike snapped, "We can't just sit here while those things are loose!"
"We stay here, and we wait for help," Hopper said in his 'strict' voice.
He walked away and down the hall where Joyce had been grieving.
Jenna walked slowly over to Alice to check in on her.

"Hey," Jenna nudged her, "How was your little adventure?"
"Alright, I guess," She told her.
"Anything interesting happen?"
"Well, Nancy and Jonathan fucked..."
"WHAT!?"
"They had sex, they had intercourse, made love, did the hanky-panky-"
"Stop! I knew what you meant, but I was just shocked, that's all."
"So, what happened to you?"
"Just to check, you're all caught up with the inter dimensional stuff going on, right?"
"Yup, caught up on the drive to Murray's. Oh, and Murray said that we should tell you, 'Bald Eagle is fine and stop calling me that'."
"Cool, at least he still remembers. Anyways, I just got attacked by the demogorgon things."
"Nice, and you have electricity shit going on?"
"Yup."
"Cool."

The two girls smirked at each other and Jenna went back over to Steve. She leaned against him for support just like before and just watched over the kids with him. Mike stood up from the table and walked over to grab some brain teasers that Bob had left for Will.
"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike said while holding one of the brain teasers in his hand.
"Really?" Remarked Lucas.
Mike turned back around, smiling for the first time that night, "he petitioned the school to start and everything. Then he had a fund-raiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"
"I didn't know Bob that well," Jenna spoke up,"nor do I go to AV club, but I still like and appreciate him for everything that he's done for you guys. He was also one hell of a good Radio Shack guy. Fixed my Walkman more times than I can count."

Mike looked up and smiled at Jenna with agreement. He then set the brain teaser on the table and announced, "We can't let him die in vain."
"What do you wanna do, Mike?" Dustin asked him, irritated. "The chief's right on this. We can't stop those demo-dogs on our own."
"Demo-whatsie?" Jenna looked at her brother, very much confused.
"Demogorgon. Dog." He tried to explain, looking at everyone in the room like they're stupid for not understanding. "Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play on words."
"Okay," Max snapped, having had it with his shit.
"I mean, when it was just Dart," Dustin put the conversation back on track, "maybe..."
"But there's an army now," Lucas pointed out.
"Precisely," Dustin agreed.
"His army," Mike started off in thought.
"What do you mean?" Steve questioned.
"His army," Mike said more confident and having Jenna catch on.
"Maybe if we can stop him," Jenna pointed at Mike with excitement lighting up her eyes, "we can stop his army, too!"