23} Stalkers and Finger Lickin' Good Food

Steve had driven Jenna back to his house at the end of the school day so she could get her car. He didn't talk much except for complaining about Billy and talking about the dinner with Barb's parents later that night, as expected. After getting her car, she stopped home to find Dustin scrambling around the house and forcing her to drive him and Lucas to spy on Max.

"This is creepy, little bro," She told Dustin while hiding behind her car. Dustin was leaning on her hood while Lucas stood beside him with a pair of binoculars.
"Shut up," He told his sister, then nudged Lucas and asked, "Still no sign?"
"Jack shit," He responded.
"Oh!" Dustin exclaimed, "Damn it. My mom's gonna murder me."
"So go home," Lucas told him, "I'll radio if she comes."
"Oh, yeah, nice try," He said to Lucas, "You just want me out of here so you can make your move"
"Oh, cause you're such a threat," Lucas said, sarcastically.
"That's right," Dustin confirmed with his ego on full display, "She will not be able to resist these pearls." Then he proceeded to purr.
"For the love of god," Jenna snapped, "Stop doing that. I get that you like having teeth but I will take them from you if you keep doing that. And I'll cover with mom and tell her you were out with me."
"Cool, thanks, sis," He smiled, "Oh, ten o'clock. Ten o'clock!"
"What?" Lucas asked in confusion.
Dustin pointed back out to the parking lot where the three saw Billy's car pulling into the parking lot dropping Max off.
Why does he look so stupid? I swear, he needs to stop dressing like denim puke.

As Max got out of the car, she started yelling at Billy and he yelled right back.
"They're arguing. They're arguing," Lucas pointed out.
"Oh, my god," Dustin rolled his eyes, "I see that. I don't even know why you need those. God. You're so stupid." 'Those' being Lucas' binoculars.
Billy pulled away and Max just stood in the parking lot flipping him off.
Ooooooooh. I like her.

Max ended up going inside the arcade to play Dig Dug. The boys dragged Jenna over to the window to spy in on her.
"She's incredible," Lucas said while sliding down the glass to sit on the ground.
"She's..." Dustin started while following suit.
"Mad Max," Both finished.
"You two are fucking pathetic," Jenna sighed, "This is really fucking weird, I'm just going inside."

Before the boys could say anything, she went in and said hi to Alice.
"Sup, A-lee-ce," Jenna greeted while holding out her hand for their secret-ish handshake.
"Sup, Jelly Belly," Alice smiled and accepted the handshake, "What brings you back here so soon?"
"My brother and one of his friends are spying on that girl over there," She explained while tilting her head over to Max.
"I was thinking that. I saw them watching through the window. They're creepy."
"Tell me about it. Well, I'm gonna go say hi to her and make my children think I'm cool."
"They already think that, but do as you like."
Jenna waved to Alice and walked over to Max.

"Hey," She said, "Can I go when you're done?"
"Oh, uh, sure," Max replied.
After she finished up, Jenna went. She got 10th on the leaderboard. She'd played through plenty of the arcade games and, just like her brother, she was pretty good at Dig Dug, but Pac-Man was still her best. She typed JELLY BEAN into the leaderboard.

"Whoa," She heard Max gasp, "You're JELLY BEAN?"
"Yeah," Jenna smiled at her, "Have you gotten onto any of the boards yet?"
"Uh, I'm top on that right now," She blushed.
"Ah," Jenna commented, "So you're the one who took my 4th spot on Pac-Man, Mad Max."
"Sorry."
"Don't apologize, I'm impressed."
"Really?"
"Yeah, considering I've never seen you around here before."
"I just moved here."
"I figured, I met your step-brother earlier today."
"He's an asshole."
"Agreed."

Both girls just stood there enjoying each other's company for a moment when Max asked her, "So, is the kid outside with the curly hair your brother or something?"
"Yeah, why'd you ask?"
"He's been following me all day. Plus, you both have the same curly hair."
"I guess we do have very similar hair. And sorry about him, he's annoying."
"Who knew the stalkers had a cool person with them? I honestly thought I was the first girl to ever talk with them."
"I like you. Oh, shit. Sorry I'd love to keep talking, but I just remembered I have somewhere to go. See you around?"
"Yeah, I'd like that, Jelly Bean."
"Okay, see you later, Mad Max."
Jenna ran out of the arcade yelling at herself,
Shit, shit, shit! I promised Nancy I'd go to that dinner with Barb's parents.