I tried it a few times before the doll started to color. Edvin didn't make it. "Garreth, why don't you give it a try, Dad has problems with it too." I shouted at him.

He rolled his eyes and walked toward us. First of all, he took me in his arms again and lifted me up. It was so good to feel him. He was certainly hugely worried, the way he attacked Philippe directly.

Philippe demonstrated the wand movement and Garreth tried it. Garreth and Edvin stood next to each other and probably tried ten more times, but nothing happened.

"I told you, that's not my style. And your father certainly feels the same way. We are creative minds and not fighting trolls.", Garreth said laughing and stuck out his tongue to Sebastian cheekily.

We all sat down again. "Hey, what are you sitting down for? You have to master the shield. EVERYONE! The person who enters the mansion without knowing the shield will die," said Philippe.

Everyone trotted back to Philippe. "So the protection is called 'Immulor' because it just makes you immune to Sangulor." He explained before showing us which wand movement was necessary.

"Here, too, I recommend the training dummies. They can be a weakened form of the curse. The temperature is heated to a maximum of 40 degrees, so there is no danger to life. At most, you will feel as if you have a fever. I've had to use it myself for long enough.", he said and snorted a little, "Just tap the puppet with the wand and after fifteen seconds it will start its magic."

As always, Sebastian didn't waste his time. He didn't even attempt to set up his shield, waiting for the effect. "I have to be able to compare," he said, smiling shamefacedly.

I was watching him. "Okay, you can definitely tell a difference, but it's not bad," he said easily. He closed his eyes and tried using the shield. "Yep, it worked." He said and grinned.

"Do you want to put your skills to the test?" asked Philippe. "Of course, any training is better than having the experience in the middle of a fight. Come on, cast Sangulor on me.", said Sebastian and went to Philippe.

"Cast your shield now, please." Philippe said. Sebastian concentrated and a moment later, a short, red flash came from Philippe's wand. Sebastian stood quite relaxed.

"Okay, I still notice something, but even less than with the doll without a shield. Very cool.", he said happily, tossed his wand in the air and caught it elegantly again.I did the same. I let the doll cast the spell on me first before setting up my shield. Sebastian had described it well. It wasn't too bad.

"Philippe, please cast the curse on me as well.", I said, after I had built up the shield again. He counted down from three and suddenly a tremendous pain shot through my body. It felt like I jumped in a pot of hot water. I slumped down and Philippe immediately canceled the spell. "Caelie, are you alright?" he asked worriedly, kneeling over me.

"It probably didn't work with the shield.", I said a little grumpily and looked at Philippe. His pale face looked very concerned. Despite his reddish beard, I could see his jaw clenching. "I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to hurt you," he said quietly before lifting me and laying me on a lounger in the courtyard. The others looked at us shocked and Fayette narrowed her eyes in 

pain. She obviously knew that pain all too well.

He sat down in front of me and continued to watch the others. "How are you?" he asked, still worried. "Everything's fine. I've endured Crucio, I can do it too. But it wasn't more pleasant. This curse is terrible.", I said and looked up at the sky.

"That's exactly why we have to wipe out our family. They are ruthless. They even wanted to kill me because I'm much gentler than them and I don't want to inflict this torment on anyone." He said quietly while watching the others.