Κεφάλαιο: LXXIX

Mulai dari awal

Meg don't know if the lion boy's acting like this because he's petty or if he'll actually act like this if he didn't joined their group.

"You could've just asked me how many floors there are." The brunette said.

"Aw... Protecting your boyfriend that much?" The beastman teased with a grin.

Jamil blushed at that and Meg's deadpan stare stayed.

"Stop being childish Leona, we don't have the time for that." The brunette said with an eyeroll before opening the elevator.

"Wait Meg. That might be a trap." The ravenette said but was merely ignored as the two continued to argue.

"Oh? So, what? So, you can save your other incest boyfriend?" Leona laughed at his joke, referring to Idia.

"Be a jerk all you want... I'm never going to see you guys anyways after this." He said and entered the elevator.

"Wait! Meg!" Jamil followed along with the lion boy who frowned at that.

Maybe he was just annoyed at Meg ignoring him, or yeah, maybe he was jealous and was being childish about it.

"This elevator is the only way down by foot... Unless we have a chariot, we can't go anywhere but through Ortho and Idia's path." The brunette explained.

"This is clearly a trap... Meg, stay behind me." The ravenette said and stayed on alert.

"They wouldn't harm us. Yet..." Meg said as a matter of fact as he and Leona kept a casual posture.

"Welcome to the 2nd Tower! You will now begin to traverse Tartarus, the Cursed Asylum!" Ortho suddenly appeared as a hologram.

Nobody was surprised, in fact, the three were expecting him.

"I knew he’d be here…" Jamil muttered to himself.

"Boo, you guys are boring. You could’ve pretended to be surprised." The younger Shroud pouted.

"Sorry, but robots are a bit harder to read for humans." Leona said that seemed to had offended Ortho.

He chuckled, "...A robot, huh. Alright, I’ll have something even more surprising in store for you next time. That is, if you get a next time."

"What?" The ravenette asked.

"Will you be able to pass the trials that I’ve set up for you…?" The flame headed boy asked.

"What trial?" The beastman asked.

"What do you plan on doing…!? Please stand back, Sir Leona! Meg!" Jamil exclaimed but the two remained on their place.

"Yeah, no. There’s not enough space here already. Quit yappin’, man…" The lion boy said, annoyed.

"Ta-da~!" Ortho said and showing them a hologram of the game earlier.

"'Hydra’s Revenge' is projected on the wall…" The ravenette said.

"That thing they made us play earlier?" Leona asked.

"Yup, your first test is to clear a level! You’ll get the chance to challenge us if you clear the game. Penthes can't play though... Or it'll be boring." The nickname made it clear to Meg who they were talking to.

He's been quiet since Ortho arrived, merely reading his actions and plans.

"Now, of all times? What are you scheming…? I’ll play this round for us, Sir Leona." Jamil said.

"Why?" The lion boy merely asked.

"We don’t know how this game is rigged. It’ll be dangerous to challenge it blindly."