Κεφάλαιο: LIII

The next day, Meg and Jack were on their way to their next class

The next day, Meg and Jack were on their way to their next class. Epel was usually with them but yeah, just as they have noticed, the purple haired boy was avoiding them.

Or was ignoring anyone in particular.

It's like he's in his own world.

"It's not like I really care, but I think Vil is pushing Epel too hard." The brunette glared at nothingness.

"I've known Vil since we were kids... And I know he's not the type to bully anyone. Moreso, I agree with you though I think his strict personality is admirable." The wolf boy answered.

But then, the two were interrupted when they sensed something fast aiming to their direction.

The beastman's fur rised up as he growled towards the perpetrator.

And the brunette just caught the arrow that was aimed at his head.

"You're going to kill someone with that weapon!" Jack told Rook who merely waved at him before leaving.

The Ignihyde boy on the other hand, didn't cared and just read the message attached to it.

'Thank you for taking part in the Song & Dance Championship auditions. The following student have passed our rigorous screening process...'

“Megaphentes Georgiou.”

'Please report to the Pomefiore ballroom after school today.'

"I didn't know that you audition for that contest. I couldn't even imagine you dancing and singing." Jack said as they continued their walk to their class.

"Yeah well, I only do it seldomly... Plus, I didn't even want to join the contest. Ortho just pushed me to it." Meg sighed at that.

"You don't follow Sir Idia but you follow what Ortho says?" This made the beastman confused.

"It's because he knows how to pull my strings. That manipulative piece of—"

"How can you even catch an arrow that fast? You surprise me everytime Meg." The wolf boy cut off, merely because he only just realized what the shorter had done.

"If the Shroud retainer can't even avoid a bullet, he could just get killed and die." The brunette said and looked at the taller.

"That's what I told myself while I was training... It's like playing a game with death. No big deal." Meg simply shrugged as Jack frowned at his words, quietly following behind.

The Ignihyde boy remembered those times. How he felt giving up because he don't know what his purpose is anymore.

But he kept avoiding the bullet, making himself laugh at being so coward to face death instead.

He laughed and cried at that as he picked himself up again to train.