Κεφάλαιο: LXVII

At the Headmage's office, where the representative students of each dorms were gathered along with Trein, the acting Headmage since Crowley was also taken

They finally knew who the current warden was, "Then could that mean.... that the dorm leader of Ignihyde, Idia Shroud, is as none other than the Keeper of Grief Isle?!" Rook exclaimed, shocked.

Because they genuinely thought that Meg would probably be the warden with how he lead the ferrymen on the attack.

"Indeed. That being said, becoming this Keeper is not something he himself sought after. It is more of a general term for those who belong to a certain clan. I believe the current head of that family was Idone Shroud." Malleus cleared, another hint as to why the brunette couldn't be the warden.

"No, she has already passed on the mantle. Idone's son, Idia's father, is the current head." Lilia corrected.

"I see... Humans truly move at an incredible rate." The fae thought out loud.

"The Keeper of Grief Isle becoming an organization, and taking on the name of STYX is a rather recent development. If I recall correctly, it has only been 100 years since they began going by that name." The Vice Prefect of Diasomnia added.

"C-Can we take a pause? I'm so lost. Leona told me about Idia's family being part of some big conglomerate. So that's just their public front... and they captured everyone as the Keeper of Grief Isle, the head honcho of STYX?" Ruggie asked, trying to process all the information in his head.

Lilia then began to explain thoroughly, "Nowadays, the Keeper of Grief isle is considered no more than an urban legend, but back in the time when mages were still called wizards and witches, they were an entity feared by all. They said that the Keeper would come for those practitioners of magic that lost themselves in their power."

Malleus then continued some of it, "Chronicles of history in the royal palace detail the history of that organization going back to the age of gods. A time when the connection between magic and Blot was yet a mystery."

"To most people, Overblot, was no different from a natural disaster that came without warning. The ones who would seal away that disaster within Grief isle and bring peace to the people was a branch of the Jupiter family... Records tell us that the Shroud family took up the duty of the Keeper to ensure those disasters never occurred again."

"That sounds more like the stuff of myths than history to me. Cay-Cay is all overwhelmed from just how big this all is." Cater stated, still couldn't fully grasp that it was all true.

"Yet the curiosity those children of men held in their hearts meant they did not cease their research into magic. As time passed magic became a safe practice. The wizards and witches became mages." The Vice Prefect of Diasomnia told them.

"Now, mage licenses are internationally recognized and magic is a part of people's everyday lives. They exist out in the open in all parts of the world. It is regulated by the government and there are laws in place that crack down on those that abuse or use magic for nefarious purposes. So eventually, the Keepers vanished from the stage of history. However, they continued their research into those disasters, into Blot, as the non-government agency STYX."