Chapter 38

Here is the chapter y'all been waiting for 😭

I wanted to wait until tonight buuuuuut y'all was BEGGING LMAOO🥹❤️

Sitting quietly in the passenger seat, Normani just faced the window as Von drove down the freeway

Sitting quietly in the passenger seat, Normani just faced the window as Von drove down the freeway. It was a quiet ride as she still had an attitude. Mani was trying to see how long she planned on being mad at him for. I mean, she still wanted to tell him the good news about her being pregnant and all.

She just felt like being petty.

Her eyes were focused onto the skyline of the city as Von cruised down the highway. He kept glancing over at her with his own eyes. He was trying to figure out what she was possibly thinking about. He knew that she was still pissed, but he was hoping that her mood would change soon.

He just gripped the steering wheel with one hand before leaning back in his seat. He could still feel the ring tucked safely inside his jean pocket. Every time he thought about purposing, he could feel himself getting nervous.

What if she didn't want to marry me? What if she was way too upset and said no? These thoughts just kept popping up in his head. He just shifted a bit before glancing over at her again.

Von just cleared his throat slightly.

"So... you just gon stay quiet the entire ride like dat?"

He questioned while trying to lighten the mood. He could see her eyes cut towards him before she focused back onto the window.

"Do you know how many times I called you today?"

She questioned, still not looking at him. He just sighed a bit.

"Yeah... I know-"

"And do you have any idea how worried I was for you?"

She continued on.