Chapter 9

Miss me? Well I missed y'all 😩❤️

It was the next morning. Normani just stood quietly in her kitchen with her robe on. Ari and India had ended up coming back and staying the night at her place after the shooting at the club. Mani was the only one up so far as she waited for her teapot to boil.

She just stared off into the distance, thinking about the events from last night. She hadn't really gotten much sleep as her mind just kept replaying the shooting that took place at the club over and over again through her brain.

Von really shot and killed Key.

But how?

Normani remembered seeing Von on stage performing. She just couldn't figure out how he was able to shoot somebody without getting caught.

Maybe he had somebody else shoot Key? She thought to herself. Mani just couldn't help but think. This whole situation was twisted and ridiculous to her. She just had so many questions.

The sound of her teapot whistling caught her attention. She just made her way over to the stove, removing the pot from the fire before turning it off. She grabbed a mug from the cabinet, placing it onto the counter before putting two small teabags inside.

She then added her sugar and honey before pouring the hot water into her mug. Stirring it with a spoon, she just grabbed her cup before making her way to the living room. She was supposed to be at work today, but she ended up calling out due to everything going on. Mani just plopped herself onto the couch, turning the TV on before sighing to herself. She sipped on her tea as she nonchalantly flipped through the channels.

To her surprise, there was a picture of Key Glock plastered onto the TV screen just as she paused for a second on a random channel. His face was literally posted up on the news. She just quickly turned on the volume to listen.

"We do have some sad news to report this morning. The beloved rapper Key Glock who's real name is Markeyvius Cathey was fatally shot last night at the Sanctuary night club here in downtown Atlanta."