Chapter 13

Bet y'all ain't expect me to post today huh 🤪

I just didn't want to leave y'all hangingggg. I made this chapter extraaaa long for you lovely readers ❤️

 I made this chapter extraaaa long for you lovely readers ❤️

"So how's your day been, Mani?"

Normani leaned up against her office table, her eyes focusing right outside the window. She had a really nice high rise view of the city. You could see all the tall buildings and skyline throughout Atlanta just from her office. Things like that just truly made Normani feel grateful for the position that she was in now.

She just stood there with her phone pressed against her ear as she was talking with Dominic.

"It's been good. Just long, dealing with a bunch of clients."

She said while letting out a quick sigh.

"I be forgetting you a whole business woman. I jih be thinking yo ass gets paid to look pretty n shit."

He said as she chuckled.

Normani and Dominic had been steadily talking for a few weeks now, slowly getting to know each other. Right now, they were just considered good friends; and Normani definitely planned to just keep it that way.

She was just really at war with herself though. She wasn't sure if she was keeping it cute and friendly with Dominic only because of Von, or if she truly just wasn't interested in dating at the moment. She couldn't quite tell anymore the difference on how she felt, and that was the tricky part for her. She just hated it.

Mani still couldn't get Von's words out of her head. Him confessing that he was still in love with her back when she saw him at Key's funeral sort of made her feel conflicted. She had convinced herself all these years that Von was not in love with her anymore. It was a good coping mechanism for her to properly move on from him. Only for him to just pop back into her life and contradict everything.

I mean, he literally killed a man for her, and threatened to do it again if he ever caught her out with another one. Von was seriously not playing around. With that being said, Normani just wasn't sure on where to go from here.