Chapter 18

SummerSlam was here. I really wish Roman was here as well. I called him before I arrived at the stadium.

Roman POV

I was currently driving to the convention center where SummerSlam was held tonight. I can't wait to surprise y/n.

My mom and dad were with me too. I bought them 2 tickets and surprised them with it. I pulled into the parking lot and headed for the back doors. I felt my phone vibrate as I saw y/n calling me. I answer it.

"Hey baby." I said in a exhausted tone. I needed to act like I was still in the hospital.

"Hey babe, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing alright. Good luck tonight. I'll be watching.

"I really wish you were here Rome."

"I wish I was there too. But you are going to do great."

"Thank you baby. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up and smirked. Little did she know I was right outside the building that she was in. I sneaked through the back doors and sneakily made my way to Stephanie's office. I knocked on the door, and I heard her say "come in."

I open the door, and he eyes widened.

"Roman? Your here!" She exclaimed. I place my finger over my mouth, signaling her to quiet down.

"Ssh. Y/n doesn't know yet. I was wondering if I could surprise her after her match and announce that I'm in remission."

"Your in remission? Congratulations Roman!" She exclaimed. She walked out from behind her desk and gave me a hug. I am so excited for this moment to happen.

After talking to Stephanie, I decided to approach Rhea about the match and my return.

I knock on her locker room, and she came out. She was shocked.

"Roman? Your back?" She said, giving me a quick hug.

"Yeah. But y/n doesn't know yet. I want to surprise her. Who is winning your match?" I ask.

"I'll let y/n win her championship, so you can surprise her after her victory. Also, are you better?" She asked me.

"Yep. I'm in remission." I said with a smile.

"Congratulations!" She said, giving me another quick hug.

"Can you also tell everyone so they don't tell her if they see me?" I ask.

"Of course." She replied. I thanked her and I let her get back to work while I go hide away till the end of her match.

Y/n POV

My match was the last match of the night, which means I was in the main event. I thought that was absolutely insane but I was so happy.

I was sitting in the gorilla with Becky, staying by her while she got ready for her match against Liv Morgan. She was curling her hair as we were talking.

"So y/n, did you hear Dominik is staying ringside for Rhea tonight?" Becky asked me.

"Yeah I heard about it. I think I'm going to ask Dean if he wanted to come out with me. I would've asked Roman but he's not here."

"Well, I'm sure Dean would go out with you. You guys are like best friends right?"

"Yeah, we are pretty close."

"He will probably say yes. Well, I have to head off."

"Good luck!"

"Thanks!"