Chapter 9

ROMAN POV

It absolutely broke my heart seeing y/n on the ground crying. She looked so hurt. She is not injured, but I don't think its the best idea to bring it up to her. She needs the rest.

I slowly got up and pulled the blankets over y/n. I really didn't know what to do. She has never been this scared to the point that she has thrown up and been shaking uncontrollably. I decided to grab my phone and give her uncle a call. I don't know if its something to do with her step dad but I know that she relies on her uncle so much. I found his contact and gave him a call.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hello Steve, its me Roman, and I really need your help."

"What happened? Is y/n okay?"

"I don't know! I went out to run some errands. I came back and she is laying on the bathroom floor sobbing and shaking uncontrollably. Do you have any idea what could have caused this?"

"Has she told you about Mark?"

"She only told me that he hit her once and was on drugs. Is there more I don't know of?"

"I think I know what it is. Her sister is currently at my house right now, and she just told me she had a phone call with her and brought up something about Mark. She the said that she sounded like she was freaking out and she hung up. It probably is something to do with Mark."

"Well, you don't need to tell me. She will tell me when she's ready."

"Okay. Please take care of her. She really relies on you Roman."

"I will. Thank you Steve."

"Your welcome. Take care Roman."

I hung up the phone and let out a huge sigh. My baby is in pain and she never told me? There is obviously something more that went on with her step dad that she didn't tell me. I crawled onto the bed by her and rested. I took out my phone and decided to wait until she wakes up so I can comfort her.

Y/N POV

I woke up to see Roman sitting on the bed. He had one of his hands on my leg and the other was holding his phone. His eyes were a bit red. Has he been crying?

"Roman? Are you okay?" I whisper. He looked over at me right away with so much concern on his face.

"Y/n. You scared me so much. I should be the one asking you that." He responded, taking all his focus to me.

"I-I'm okay. Have you been crying?" I ask. He takes a deep breath. "I-Ive been so worried." Roman's voice cracked. I could see his eyes slowly start to water up.

"I'm so sorry Roman. I just was scared. I'm fine now." I say while sitting up. "I called your uncle." Roman said. I just looked at him, waiting for him to say more. "I didn't know what to do. I called him and asked if this ever happened. And he said it was Mark? We don't need to talk about it if it makes you uncomfortable. Just know that I'm always here."

"No Roman. You deserve to know." I take a deep breath. "A week after my mom's accident, my dad went out drinking and whatever the hell he does. I stayed up until midnight helping Kenzy fall asleep. Once she was asleep, I went back to my room, and Mark returned. He came into my room, and he was clearly drunk and high. I guess thats how I lost my virginity. I was only 16. Thank god I was on birth control."

I was trying so hard to keep strong. This shouldn't scare me anymore. I shouldn't let Mark scare me for the rest of my life. Roman was speechless. He didn't say anything, he just hugged me. I embraced my arms around him and dug my face into his chest. I never wanted to let go of his touch. If I let Mark win over my fear, I wouldn't be near any man. But meeting Roman has been such a great thing that has occurred in my life.