10th August 2020

What started in the pool ended in the bedroom. Carlos collapsing beside me still breathless. I'm not sure what came over me, but seeing the way he was admiring me, I couldn't control myself.

Now in the darkness, his pants turning to snores I couldn't help the guilt washing over me. Not even two weeks after Lando and I split and I'm in bed with another man!

I really am an awful person!

I slip out from under Carlos' arm, pausing for a moment to make sure I hadn't woken him. Luckily he stayed asleep, our activities clearly tired him out!

I walk into the kitchen, my new phone still on the side where I left it when Carlos carried me through.

I shudder at the memory, it felt good at the time but now. What did I do?

I don't have his number saved, but I will always remember it.

I dial and wait, it takes five rings for him to pick up.

?: Hello?

K: Hi.
?: Ky? Kyra is that you?

The tears start forming straight away the guilt weighing to heavy for me.

?: Kyra please talk, is that you?

K: Yea Lando it's me.

L: Where are you? Are you okay? I miss you, baby I miss you so bad, where are you?

I try to stifle the sobs but they come to fast for me to conceal.

L: Baby what's wrong?

K: I'm sorry...

L: Baby you have nothing to be sorry for, it's all on me I shouldn't have hit you, there's really no justifiable reason for my actions I'm so sorry

K: My brothers are pissed

L: Yea I got that, I deserve it

K: I miss you too Lando

L: Luna...

K: Can you come get me? I want to come home

L: Of course baby, tell me where you are and I'll come straight away

K: Don't get mad

L: I promise never again baby, just tell me where you are

K: I'm at Carlos'

L: I'll be there soon, I love you Luna

Carlos
I woke to a cold bed, but a smile still firmly on my face. Last night she dedicated herself to me, and oh god it was great, every time was great.

"Kyra?" I call out. Nothing. That's odd, maybe she's downstairs.

I grab my dressing gown and head downstairs. She's not in the lounge, not in the office, not in the kitchen.

Wait, there's a note on the side. Oh god.

I pick it up, tears immediately filling my eyes.

Carlo,
I'm sorry to leave like this, thank you for supporting me. I appreciate you so much.

In a different life you and I would be together, and we can be happy.

Lando made a mistake, and I owe him the chance to make it right before I start to move on. I have no regrets from our time together but right now I can't give you what you want.