30th May 2020

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Royal Ballet choreographer accused of sexual harassment

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Royal Ballet choreographer accused of sexual harassment

In the me too era are we really surprised that yet another man, with influence, uses that to take advantage of those looking up to him? Yes!

Ex principal dancer Valentino Zuchetti, originally from Rome, Italy, has been publicly accused of sexual assault and sexual harassment. His ex partner Claudia Rolan, now a dance lecturer at Bath university, led the charge for justice against the choreographer.

"I had always been suspicious of the way he acted, but until I saw him interacting with my students I would never have known. I reached out to ex dancers and other students and was overwhelmed by the response and the sheer number of women and girls he has assaulted. I'm just sorry I couldn't stop him from hurting Dancer A,"

Dancer A, whose name will remain unknown to the press, is said to be his latest victim. The dancer, a student at Bath university was allegedly attacked after a one off performance of Romeo and Juliet.

The police are said to be investigating the accusations, whilst there doesn't seem to be any reports made straight after the alleged attacks, the police have suggested there is enough evidence to co-operate the allegations.
Click here to read more

Carlos I slam my phone down in front of me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Carlos
I slam my phone down in front of me. I'm just trying to help her! Isa scoffs, it didn't take her long to come back.

"What's wrong babe?" She raises her eyebrows at me grinning a little. 

I force a smile in return. "I'm okay really, just football!" She's sat next to me on the decking of my parents house.

"Oh my boys! So passionate about your football!" My mum gushes, laughing a little to herself.

Some restrictions had been eased, so when my parents invited us over for the weekend I couldn't think of a reason not to go. Isa of course took full advantage and agreed to come in return for a future favour which scares me a little.

My dad sat on the seat opposite me eyes me over. I've never been able to lie to him, and sure thing ten minutes after arriving he pulled me aside and asked what was up between me and Isa.

He agreed to go along with the ruse to spare my mum, he never really liked Isa but mum does. Even more so that it means I'm not on my own! Apparently she worries.

My phone vibrates slightly on the table in front of me. I lift and look at my screen, a message. From Lando. My heart races a little 'We need to talk' she must have told him. I excuse myself and walk into the house, my hands shaking a little.

Phone call with Lando

L: Carlos?

C: Hey muppet

L: You okay?

C: You said we needed to talk?

L: Yea I umm, is now a good time?

C: Yea, what's up?

L: I need some advice, please

C: Go on

L: I saw this article, about the guy that attacked Kyra. And I was wondering, she's been doing so well lately. So I was wondering, do I tell her?

C: Tell her what?

L: That there are others

C: Lando, did you
read the article?

L: Yea of course that's why I wanted to talk to you

C: Lando, she knows.

L: She would have told me

C: Shes dancer A or whatever they're calling her

L: But we agreed she wasn't going to say anything

C: She needs to do
this Lando, she has to
get justice for herself
and every other dancer
he's hurt or will hurt

L: How do you know?

C: You're not the only
one that asks me for advice

L: Okay

C: You should talk to her,
this isn't easy for her
and I'm sure she'd
appreciate your support

L: Thank you

C: No worries, that's
what I'm here for

L: Okay I'm going to go and talk to her, see you soon mate

I hang up and wonder back out to my parents a sense of guilty relief washing over me. I get to live another day without Lando hating me for loving his girlfriend.