New story - Mi amor

Sofía had been home all of five minutes before she regretted the trip. Her parents were already arguing, her nephew screeching and her sister drinking. Well worth making the trip she thought. Mama had insisted she make the journey. Sofía knew she'd slacked having not been home in four months but right at this minute in time she couldn't help wonder why she ever comes home at all. She also couldn't help wonder why her parents don't get divorced, or how her nephew would turn out with a single alcoholic mother.

You're meant to love family unconditionally, Sof knew that. But whoever said that hadn't spent time with.

Sof went over to the crying infant, his podgy face red from crying so long. "Let's go for a walk little one," she whispers. She picks up her nephew, depositing him in his stroller and she quietly left the house.

Stepping out into the warm early summer air soothed the young boy. And bought a peace to his aunt. One thing she loved about Madrid, summer started in April. They walked through the streets, Fabio finally settling soothed by the small vibrations.

Sofía unconsciously walks the route she did every day, walking past familiar houses straight to the concrete compound that houses her childhood best friend. She stops momentarily the memories flooding back.

Sof takes in the cars on the driveway, the range rovers, a BMW, and a Ferrari. CJ must be home, they all must be home.

She always preferred this house growing up, she often found herself pretending she belong with them, that they were her family. That was until she got involved with her best friend brother. Sofía and Ana met in guardarías. They were inseparable throughout school. Until the summer before universidad, the summer Sofía have into her feelings for CJ, Anas brother.

He was older, a little famous, taking after his padre, but that didn't mean anything to Sofía, she had always loved him.

They'd kept it secret for almost six months before Ana found out. Sofía couldn't bare to lose her best friend, so called everything off with CJ, only to be cut off by Ana. That's when she left Madrid, in search for a fresh start.

She found the tranquility elsewhere but her heart belonged in that concrete mansion.

After a few moments stood outside, Sofía knew it was time to move on, she forced her feet away, to continue down the street. Each step away broke her heart more and more. Ana was married now, Sofía couldn't help be hurt she hadn't been there. From a young age they had their weddings planned, they were going to be each others maid of honour. They'd get pregnant together, everything would be done by each others side.

"Mi amor?" Sofía's hair stood on end. She knew that voice, she loved that voice. She started moving faster, desperate to not be confronted.

"Sof wait!" His voice called. Sof could hear his footsteps thundering behind her. Why did she have to come this way? She cursed herself. She was almost running when a hand grabbed her waist, stopping her in her tracks.

"Please mi amor stop running."

Sofía was too scared to turn round, Fabio had started to softly cry due to the turbulence from the unplanned run.

"Sof, look at me. Please." She could her the desperation in his voice. His arm still firmly around her waist. She could feel his body softly pressing against hers. She missed his touch, missed his scent. Sof felt herself relaxing a little, her body falling a little against his. He tightened his grip, welcoming her closeness.

"I've missed you mi amor," he whispered in her ear, his hit breath causing goosebumps on her tanned skin. God how she had missed him.

Fabio broke the spell, his soft cry's turning to dinosaur like screams. Sofía pulled herself away from him, and moved to kneel in front of her nephew, making sure not to look at the man previously holding her.

"Please Sof, look at me." It was only when Fabio was safely in her arms, slowly calming that she dare to meet his eye. Th moment she did the electric crackled within her, the magnetic pull re-emerging after so long without him, her body craved his touch.

"You have a son?" He hadn't realised she had a pram, not until she pulled the young boy from within it. His mind was trying to do the maths. It felt like only yesterday she left, taking his heart with her. The boy, must be about two? How long has it been without her? Could he be his?

"He's not yours," she knew what he was thinking, could see the calculations behind his chocolate eyes. "He's not mine either." Sof couldn't bring herself to look away. Six years since she last looked into them. It had felt like only yesterday she was staring into his eyes, tears slipping from her own. Their hearts breaking in unison.

"I've missed you," his voice comes out more of a whisper than he planned. He could feel the tears filling his eyes. He had imagined their reunion many times, planning what he would say if he got the chance to see her again. But now, stood in front of her, gazing into her emerald eyes, words wouldn't cut it.

He took a few steps towards her, enough to be close enough to touch her. But he didn't, he maintained a distance, wanting to read her reaction. Hey eyes stayed on him, her breathing hitching a little at the sudden closeness. He reached his hand out to find hers, entangling their fingers. Still Sofía stayed, her nephew in one arm, the man she left behind holding the other. She couldn't help taking in every inch of his face, he hadn't changed. Sofía found herself looking at his lips. They'd always been plump, today was like every other expect she had missed those lips. Six years was a long time to be away from the man you love, now stood in front of her all she could think about was getting to taste them again.

He slowly inched his face towards her. He was mere millimetres away from her lips, he remained searching her eyes. He wanted permission, he'd waiting for this kiss he wanted it to be reciprocated.

Sofía understood what he was after, she nodded subtlety. That was all he needed, his lips collided against hers, hunger taking over him. His hands move to the back of her neck, pulling her closer.

"Carlos!" The shout bought Sofía back to reality. She pulled away, leaving Carlos wanting more. "Carlos!"

"CJ, I, I, this, I'm sorry." Sofía stepped away, Fabio still in her arms. She didn't bother putting him back in the pram, she just ran with him in her arms. She ran away from the man she loves again.

"Carlos! What are you doing?" His mother caught up with him, he was looking at the retreating girl running with a toddler in her arms. Yet again running away from him.
"Carlos Sainz Jr! Why are you ignoring me?"

Sofía grew up with Carlos' sister. She couldn't help falling in love with him. After a secret summer love affair she has to make a choice. Her friendship or her relationship. She choices Ana, but Ana doesn't want her.

Sofía runs away looking for a fresh start. On a visit to her family, she reunites with Carlos. He won't stop until he makes her his again.

Can Carlos convince Sofía she has nothing to feel guilty for? Can she be the girl he remembers?

Does love conquer all? Or has too much time passed?