Ch. 14 A Shocking Engagement

Start from the beginning

"We are waiting for my brother to come so that we can proceed further."

"You never told me his name whenever I asked. Why?" She asked confusedly.

"Why?? Are you planning to ditch me for him." He said with a playful smile.

"Is he more handsome than you? If yes, than why not." He shaked his head with a smile. He knows about her having huge crush list of different actors.

After half an hour both the families decided to start the ritual because they didn't wanted auspicious time to end. There was a huge round of applause in the hall after the rings were exchanged. Couple was taking blessings from their elders when suddenly all the lights went off and there was a spotlight at the entrance of the hall. All the eyes moved in that direction including Kritika who was confused.

But soon her confusion turned into shock when she saw Rehan entering through the spotlight. With his each ascending steps lights were being turned on like a typical movie. She was gazing at him trying to make herself believe if it's a dream or not.

 She was gazing at him trying to make herself believe if it's a dream or not

She heard a voice beside her saying....

"Bhai....."

She saw how her fiance descended the stage and hugged Rehan, who circled his left hand around him in response without removing his eyes from her. She didn't even noticed Anshika coming and standing beside her.

"Did you knew?" She heard her friend asking. She turned to her before replying....

"If I knew i-" she stopped abruptly when she felt her surroundings moving. Her eyes closed on its own and she got unconscious.

Anshika, who witnessed everything saved her from falling before calling for her boyfriend and kritika's brother. And she was taken to a quest room in the banquet hall. Everyone tried to get her to consciousness but nothing happened. Rehan who was also present there told everyone it must be due to exhaustion or dehydration. Kritika's pupils dilated when she heard his voice.

She came back to consciousness but didn't opened her eyes. She felt Anshika's presence beside her. She opened her eyes like a child who acts sleeping to fool his parents. Her vision was little blurry but possible enough to see everyone looking at Rehan. She took the advantage of situation and opened her eyes fully before patting onto Anshika's forearms. She kept her finger on her lips shaking her head in denial to gesture her to be quiet. She mouthed Anshika to send everyone out before closing her eyes and continuing the act. Anshika understood the assignment and send everyone out after persuading them.

Anshika closed the door when everyone was out and turned to found Kritika sitting on the bed like a crying child.

"How can I be so stupid? who didn't even asked her would be husband's surname." Kritika whinned.

"Stop blaming yourself for everything. Guilt, sudden marriage and uncle's health overwhelmed you so much that you didn't paid attention to these small details." Anshika consoled her friend sitting beside her.