Chapter 60

Chapter 60

I close my eyes and focus, feeling the energy building within me. When I open them again, I can see the air around me shimmering, as if it's alive.

James attacks with his strenght, but I dodge easily, my movements quick and graceful. I can feel the power coursing through me, and it's exhilarating.

Kiki and Alexander are holding back, watching from a distance, while my father is muttering incantations under his breath, trying to aid me.

I can feel the sweat dripping down my forehead as I face off against James. He's a formidable opponent, but I'm determined to come out on top. As he lunges towards me, I quickly conjure a shield of energy around myself, blocking his attack with ease. I can sense his frustration as he recoils, searching for another opening to strike.

I take advantage of his momentary distraction, unleashing a powerful bolt of energy that connects with his chest. The force of the impact sends him stumbling backwards, clearly caught off guard. I can see the surprise on his face, but I know better than to let my guard down.

Without hesitation, James charges at me again, but I'm prepared for his assault. We move in a dance-like manner, our bodies weaving in and out as we exchange blows and counterattacks. I can feel my adrenaline pumping as I move with precision and grace.

I can tell that I have the upper hand, my powers giving me an advantage that James can't match. While he may have the speed and senses of a vampire, my abilities allow me to anticipate his every move.

I can feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins as I take advantage of the opportunity to strike back. I channel my powers, pushing all my energy into my hands and sending a powerful blast towards James. He's caught off guard, and before he can react, he's sent flying backwards. I watch as he crashes to the ground with a thud, and I know he's not getting back up anytime soon.

I take a deep breath, feeling the exhilaration of the fight still pulsing through me. This was the first time I had used my powers in such a way, and I never knew I had it in me. The others rush over to me, their faces etched with concern.

But I'm fine, in fact, I'm feeling great. Kiki comes up to me, her eyes wide with awe. "I knew you had it in you," she says, admiration clear in her voice. "You're amazing."

I can't help but smile, grateful for her unwavering support. "Thanks, Kiki. I couldn't have done it without you guys."

As I look over to where James landed, I notice that he's nowhere to be seen. He somehow managed to escape, and I just know that it must have really pissed off Lucian. The real battle has begun now, and we need to get home as fast as possible.

...

We move through the forest, but I can't help but feel like we're being followed. My heart is racing, and I'm clutching my father's hand tightly, trying to shake the feeling. I don't want to voice my concerns out loud, but I can tell from the tense expressions on my friends' faces that they feel it too.

As we approach the castle, my stomach churns with unease. The sight of the hundreds of guards surrounding the castle walls is overwhelming. They are all armed and ready for battle, and the tension in the air is palpable.

"What's happening?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper.

My father's expression is grim as he answers me. "I don't know, but it can't be good."

Kiki looks just as worried as I feel, and the fear in her eyes is evident. "What are we going to do?" she asks.

Alexander doesn't say anything, but his grip on my hand tightens, offering me some comfort. However, it also reminds me of how vulnerable we all are in this situation.

We stand there, watching the guards move around the castle, barking orders at each other. Their clanging armor echoes through the air, making it impossible to ignore the sense of danger that hangs over us like a dark cloud.

As we approach the castle, I notice the guards start to move aside as soon as they recognize Prince Alexander. My father, Kiki, and I follow behind him, walking past the now-parted guards.

Once inside, we huddle together in a corner to discuss what to do next. My father is still disguised, so we need to figure out how to sneak him past the guards.

"I have an idea," Kiki speaks up, her voice soft but determined. "What if we create a distraction?"

I look at her in surprise, but Alexander nods in agreement. "That could work. What do you have in mind?"

Alexander is still the prince, and that means that he has pets. If he acts like a prince with two pets, you and I, that could work." she answers, while Alexander and I nod along.

Alexander grabs my wrist and Kiki's arm, pulling us forward as he strides past the guards. He holds his head high, projecting an air of superiority, as if he's the most powerful being in the kingdom. It's all an act, of course, but it's one he's perfected over the years.

I stumble a bit as he drags me forward, my feet struggling to keep up with his long strides. Kiki looks just as uncomfortable, but she doesn't say anything. She knows that we have to play our parts if we want to make it through the castle undetected.

The guards eye us suspiciously as we pass, but Alexander doesn't give them a second glance. He just keeps moving, his grip on our arms tight and unyielding. I can feel his power coursing through me, his presence overwhelming my senses.

As we move deeper into the castle, the crowds of guards thicken, and I can feel my heart pounding in my chest. We're getting closer to the heart of the conflict, and I don't know if we're ready for it.

I glance over at Kiki, and she meets my gaze, her eyes full of determination. We're in this together, no matter what happens.

We are now inside the castle, but we still have a problem - my father is hiding outside the castle walls. We need to figure out a way to bring him inside without raising any alarms.

Alexander, Kiki, and I huddle together, discussing our plan of action.

"We need to create a distraction again," Alexander says, his voice low. "Something that will draw the guards away from the entrance."

Kiki nods in agreement. "But what can we do?" she asks, looking at us with worry etched on her face.

I rack my brain, trying to come up with a plan. And then, it hits me. "I have an idea," I say, my voice rising with excitement.

I explain my plan to Alexander and Kiki, and they both nod in agreement. It's risky, but it might just work.

With our plan in place, we spring into action. Alexander takes the lead, using his status as a prince to distract the guards. Kiki and I follow behind, pretending to be his loyal pets. It's humiliating, but it's the only way to get past the guards without raising any suspicions.

As we approach the entrance, Alexander turns to me. "Remember, act like I'm your master," he whispers.

I nod, steeling myself for what's to come. Alexander drags Kiki and me forward, and I can feel the weight of his hand on my shoulder as he pulls me along. It's uncomfortable, but I know it's necessary.