Chapter 10

Chapter 10 – a short chapter

Later that evening, Alexander invites me to sit by his side again. As I sit next to him, I can feel his hand stroking my hair, and I am once again reminded of how strange this situation is. I am a human, but I am being treated like a pet.

I am quiet, not knowing what to say or do. It's as if my mind has gone blank, and all I can focus on is the feeling of his hand in my hair.

I try to push away my thoughts and focus on the moment, but it's difficult. I wonder what Alexander wants from me, why he is being kind to me when he is so cruel to the other pets.

But I don't ask, I simply sit there, feeling his hand in my hair, and wondering what my future in this strange, dark world will be.

As I soak in the bath, enjoying the warmth of the water on my skin, I hear a sudden knock on the door. Before I can even respond, Alexander enters the room, his expression serious.

"I didn't mean to intrude," he says, his voice soft. "But I had to make sure you weren't doing anything you're not supposed to."

I feel a flush of embarrassment wash over me as I quickly cover myself with a towel. "I wasn't doing anything wrong," I say, trying to keep my voice steady.

"I know," he replies, his tone reassuring. "But you must understand that as a pet, there are certain rules you must abide by. It's for your own safety."

I nod, understanding the gravity of my situation. As a human pet in a world ruled by vampires, I am constantly reminded of my own vulnerability. But even in this moment of vulnerability, I can't help but feel a small sense of comfort in Alexander's presence.

He watches me for a moment longer, his eyes turing dark red with a hint of desire and a smirk formin on his lips.

I can feel his eyes on me, and as I look up to meet his gaze, I see something else there - desire. He looks me up and down, his eyes lingering on my body as he steps closer.

I feel a sudden pang of fear mixed with something else, something that I can't quite place. I want to back away, to escape from his gaze, but I find myself frozen in place, unable to move.

"Amelia," he says, his voice low and husky. "You are so beautiful."

I feel my cheeks heat up as he reaches out to touch my face. His fingers are cool against my skin, and I shiver at his touch.

"Thank you," I manage to say, my voice barely above a whisper.

He steps even closer, his body now pressed up against mine. I can feel his breath on my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

But then, just as suddenly as it started, he steps back, breaking the moment.

"I'm sorry," he says, his expression apologetic.

Confusion etched on his face. It's as if he's not sure why he just touched me like that.

His eyes are turning back to their beautiful mesmerizing blue color, and I can see the conflict in them.

"I'm sorry," he says again, his voice strained. "I don't know what came over me."

I feel a sense of relief wash over me as he steps away from me. But at the same time, I feel a twinge of disappointment, as if I was hoping for something more.

"It's okay," I say softly, trying to reassure him.

He nods, still looking uncertain.

"Maybe I should go," he says, his voice hoarse. I nod, feeling a sense of relief. As he close the door behind him, I can't help but wonder what just happened.