Chapter 57

Chapter 57

I watch in amazement as the young witch draws the intricate pattern on the ground with a piece of chalk, each symbol representing a different element or energy. Her chanting is like a beautiful melody that seems to fill the air around us. I can feel the power of the ritual building with each passing moment, and I can sense the energy in the air, crackling and electric.

As the ritual continues, the symbols on the ground seem to come to life, glowing brighter and brighter with each passing moment. The air around us hums with magic, and I can feel the power of the ritual building to a crescendo.

Suddenly, the chanting stops, and the symbols on the ground fade away. The air around us still vibrates with energy, but it's a different kind of energy now, one that feels calm and soothing.

Behind me, Alexander's body starts to convulse, and he falls to the ground, writhing in agony. Isadora and my father rush to his side, chanting in unison to break the spell.

Alexander blinks, looking disoriented at first, but then his eyes meet mine, and he seems to snap back to reality. He stands up, and we embrace, both of us relieved that the spell has been broken.

"Amelia," he says, his voice hoarse.

"We broke the spell," I say, my voice shaking with emotion.

He looks at me, his eyes filled with love and gratitude. "Thank you," he says, his voice soft. "Thank you for everything."

We stay like that for a few moments, savoring the feeling of being together again. Isadora and my father stand back, watching us with smiles on their faces.

Finally, we pull away, and Isadora helps us pack up again. "You should get some rest," she says. "You've been through a lot."

I nod slowly, my eyes feeling heavy and my body exhausted from the long day. Alexander takes my hand, his touch warm against my skin, and we start to make our way back to our part of the cell. With each step, I feel a sense of peace and contentment wash over me, grateful for the brief respite from the constant fear and anxiety of this place.

But my joy is short-lived when Lilith's furious voice fills the room, her words sharp and cutting. The air around us crackles with energy, and a powerful wind knocks us all to the ground. I scramble to get back up, my heart pounding in my chest as I see the anger burning in Lilith's eyes.

"You will pay for taking what is mine!" she screams, her voice echoing off the walls.

Alexander stands up, holding my hand tightly in his. He stands tall and confident, his voice firm and unwavering as he declares that he was never Lilith's, and that his heart belongs only to me. I feel a warmth spread through me at his words, grateful for his unwavering love and protection in this dark place.

"I will come back for him, and when that happens he wont resist me!"

Lilith glares at us, her eyes flashing with anger, but then suddenly disappears into the shadows like a cloud of dust, leaving us alone in the silence of the cell.

I look up at Alexander, my heart overflowing with love and gratitude. I can't believe he is mine and that we are finally free from Lilith's grasp. He looks back at me with a gentle smile, his eyes filled with warmth and affection. I know that this is just the beginning of our journey together, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

"Im so sorry Alex... the way I reacted" i whisper while hugging him tight. He comforts me and wipes away my tear.

"Its not your fault, and I would have reacted the same way if you were kissing someone else. I love you, and only you."

I hold onto him tightly, feeling the rush of relief and joy that comes with being reunited with the person you love.

But we can't let our guard down. We still have to find a way out of the prison, and we have to do it quickly before Lilith or the guards catch us.

My father has a plan to get us out of this place, and I'm both excited and terrified to hear it. He's been whispering to Alexander and me for the past hour, huddled in a corner of the damp cell we've been trapped in. Finally, he looks up at us and speaks.

"I've been studying the layout of this place," he says, "and I think I've found a way out. It won't be easy, but it's our best chance."

He explains the plan in detail. It involves sneaking through the corridors, avoiding the guards, and using a secret passage he's discovered to escape. We'll have to move quickly and quietly, and we'll have to leave some of the other prisoners behind. But it's our only hope.

Alexander nods, his face determined. "We can do this," he says.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm the pounding of my heart. It's a risky plan, but I trust my father. He's one of the smartest and most resourceful people I know.

"Okay," I say, trying to sound braver than I feel. "What do we do first?"

We spend the next hour going over the plan again and again, making sure we understand every step. My father draws a map on the floor with a piece of charcoal, showing us the route we'll have to take.

As we prepare to put the plan into action, I feel a surge of hope. Maybe we can really get out of here. Maybe we can be free again.

But I also know that there are no guarantees. This plan could fail, and we could all end up dead or captured again. It's a risk we have to take, though. We can't stay here any longer.

With a deep breath, I stand up and grab my father's hand. "Let's go," I say, and we begin our journey through the dark and dangerous corridors of the prison.

We move as fast as we can through the narrow and dark tunnels, my heart pounding in my chest. I can barely see anything, but I keep my hand firmly in Alexander's, trying to keep calm.