Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I wake up early in the morning, feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement. Today is a special day, as my master Alexander has invited me to follow him to the big dining hall. I have heard many stories about this place, where the most powerful and wealthy vampires gather to feast and socialize.

As I get ready, I can't help but feel a bit apprehensive. I am just a lowly pet, a servant to my master's every whim. I know that I will have to be on my best behavior, or risk being punished.

When Alexander arrives, he nods to me and gestures for me to follow him. I obediently fall into step behind him, keeping my head down and my eyes focused on the floor. As we walk through the dark corridors of the castle, I can feel my heart pounding in my chest.

Finally, we arrive at the dining hall. It is a massive room, with high ceilings and ornate decorations. At the far end of the room, I can see two thrones, where the queen and king are seated.

Alexander walks confidently towards the center of the room, where a large table is set up. As we approach, I can see that there are already several vampires seated there, including two very beautiful girls who flank Alexander on either side.

"Ah, Alexander. So good to see you," the queen says, her voice dripping with condescension. "And who is this you've brought with you?"

"This is my pet, Amelia," Alexander replies, gesturing towards me.

The queen sniffs disdainfully. "Pets are not allowed at the table, Alexander. You know that."

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty," Alexander says, looking chastened. "I just thought it would be nice for her to see the dining hall."

The queen snorts. "Very well. But she must stand behind you, like all the other pets. And she is not to speak or eat."

I nod obediently, knowing better than to disobey the queen's orders. Alexander takes his seat between the two vampire girls, and I stand behind him, like the other pets do to their masters.

As the meal begins, I can smell the delicious aroma of fresh blood and meat. My stomach rumbles with hunger, but I know that I am not allowed to eat. Instead, I stand there, my head down, while the vampires feast and chatter.

It's torture, standing there and watching the vampires enjoy their meal while I am left hungry and neglected. But I know better than to complain or make a fuss. I am just a lowly pet, after all.

The meal drags on, and I begin to feel dizzy with hunger. My legs ache from standing for so long, and my mouth feels dry and parched. I glance around at the other pets, all of whom are standing stoically behind their masters, their heads down and their faces blank.

Suddenly, I hear a voice whispering in my ear. "Hey there, cutie. You look hungry"

I turn to see a handsome male vampire with a mischievous grin on his face.

"I'm not supposed to talk," I whisper back, feeling a thrill of excitement at the forbidden conversation.

He chuckles. "Who's going to know? Come on, have a little fun. I promise I won't tell."

Despite my better judgment, I feel myself relaxing a bit. It's nice to have someone to talk to, even if it is against the rules.

"What's your name?" he asks.

"Amelia," I reply.

"Nice to meet you, Amelia. I'm Lucas."

Lucas seems like a charming guy, but I can sense that there is something dangerous about him. He flirts with me shamelessly, making suggestive comments and brushing his hand against my arm. I can feel my heart racing as I try to keep up with his banter.

Our conversation is interrupted, however, by the angry voice of the queen. "Pet, I told you to be quiet!" she barks, her eyes flashing with anger.

I quickly shut my mouth, feeling a pang of fear in my chest. I know that I have disobeyed her orders, and that she could punish me severely if she wanted to.

Lucas chuckles and winks at me, as if to say "Don't worry, I've got your back."

The meal drags on, and I can feel my energy ebbing away. I am exhausted from standing for so long, and my hunger is becoming unbearable. I can't help but wonder what it would be like to sit at the table and eat like a human being, instead of being treated like an animal.

Finally, the meal comes to an end. The vampires rise from the table and begin to file out of the room, chatting and laughing amongst themselves. Alexander stands up and gestures for me to follow him.

"Did you enjoy the dining hall, Amelia?" he asks me with a stern voice.

I hesitate for a moment, unsure of what to say. "It was...an experience," I reply cautiously. What was there to enjoy for me?

He chuckles. "Yes, I can imagine. But don't worry, we'll get you something to eat soon enough."

I feel a wave of relief wash over me. The thought of finally getting something to eat is almost too much to bear.

As we make our way back to Alexander's chambers, I can't help but think about the strange encounter with Lucas. There is something alluring about him, something that makes me want to get to know him better. But I know that I have to be careful. I can't afford to make any mistakes, or risk being punished by the queen.

When we finally reach Alexander's chambers, he gestures for me to sit down on the floor beside him. He pulls out a plate of cold meat and offers it to me.

"Eat" he orders, while im sitting on the floor with the plate in front of me.

I gratefully accept the food and begin to eat, savoring the taste of the fresh meat. It's not the same as the lavish meal that the vampires enjoyed, but it's enough to satisfy my hunger for now.

After I finish eating, Alexander returns to his desk to work, and I am left to sit in the corner and be quiet. It's a familiar routine, one that I've grown used to over the years. I watch as he pours over stacks of papers, his brow furrowed in concentration. I can tell that he is deeply focused on his work, and I know better than to disturb him.

So I sit in silence, watching him work. The only sounds in the room are the scratching of his pen on paper and the occasional rustle of his robes as he shifts in his chair.

I try to make myself as small and inconspicuous as possible, knowing that I am not supposed to draw attention to myself. I keep my head down, avoiding eye contact with Alexander or any of the other vampires who might happen to come into the room.