22. (The Biggest Fan)

Smokes...

Ah, the smokes...

Cale definitely don't want to be caught up in the second hand smoking problems.

But much more to that cancerous stick, what he most likely wanted to avoid are the explosions from the boy who has obsessions with screaming 'die' in every corner every second.

Once again, entangled between losing at the price of getting hurt and winning at the price of being famous.

God save him from too much work.

The pitiful young man dodged from Bakugo's attacks with the help of his shield and attacking every now and then with the help of the ancient rock.

Paired with Present Mic's ever energetic narration in the current events and the constant burst of cheers from the crowd, Cale felt like he's going deaf.

"Hey, Bloody! Stand still and let me burst you into pieces!" Bakugo shouted, most likely from the irritation that he couldn't land a hit and excitement because this is the final round.

Cale frowned. Kid, that's not so hero-like...

Also, why does losing always have to have pain or death attached to it? Isn't this a school?

Cale sighed as another explosion was shielded in front of him. Fortunately, the shield was automatically coming out and the vitality of the heart was fixing him... At a painfully slow time.

-Shall we burn him to crisp?

The thief suggested.

-or bury him?

Another vicious suggestion followed by the guardian.

No. That's a child for god's sake...

Well, a kid ready to murder me but...

A kid none the less.

Cale sighed again with a complicated look.

-or maybe drown--

No!

The young man held his forehead feeling stressed all the sudden.

Bakugo's still roaring here and there, like a dragon that lost his sanity. But of course, there was still a rounds of calculated attacks and combos from that Boombastic blonde.

By the way, what will he get of he won? What benefits?

Cale begins to think about it. If he can loot something out of this competition then either losing or wining will be a win win situation for him. He heard rumors about this too... That the winners have a special ticket for vacation... Or something.

He's not too sure as he vaguely heard the conversation from the others while passing by. But would that vacation be enough to compensate his tired self?

He can buy an entire island, what's the use?

Bakugo on the other hand, happens to be losing his gas.

As a guy who fought continuously and used his quirk for an entire day, he is, of course, very tired.

Maybe what's been pushing him around despite the energy depletion was his will power and fighting spirit... Oh, please add in his overflowing pride.

He looked at Cale just on the other side, staring back at him with knowing eyes. Bakugo knew that Cale was smart. He can obviously tell he was getting tired.

... But in actual, Cale had no idea...

They say that he was a genius tactician. As the youngest commander of Roan empire, he was their treasure. So it was impossible for Cale to miss this opportunity to strike, right?