17. (Sport's Festival 02)

Cale felt a bit ridiculous.

For the love of all mankind, why?

Just why?

The cavalry battle is what the second phase was called. Shinso approached him and asked if he had a team. Cale simply said no and that made the indigo haired male asked him if he wanted to join.

Cale looked around. He was more comfortable joining Todoroki but on second thought, that boy seemed very enthusiastic today so he didn't want to waste more energy by joining him. Then his eyes went back to Shinso who looked passive. One who looks like he's just doing it for the sake of doing it.

He'll probably lose if he joined him then!

With that in mind, Cale gave him a smile. "Alright." Then he tapped the boy's shoulder in encouragement. "Let's have fun."

He did not notice the fire that ignited in the boy's eyes when he said that. Now, more than before, Shinso is going to win this and get to the hero course! Cale seemed to believe in him, the youngest hero of his country!

He, who did not know what's going on was currently riding atop his school mates with utter confusion. It was Shinso, him, Ojiro and Aoyama.

Why is he the one riding? But then again, he didn't want to carry them.

In his head, he wore a headband which indicated their number. This was the problem in his current position. He didn't want to join the fight for headbands and he didn't want to face these children's quirks.

He turned to look at the hyungs on the bench. Now that he double checked the chairs... is that red cushioned chair and pink lemonade? And why were they sitting there with a presidential treatment while he's working hard here?

Wow.

Cale envied the ones sitting there leisurely. Thinking about it, he's a little hungry too after using his ancient power.

"Do you have candy?" Cale suddenly asked Shinso who was in front of him.

"Candy? Why?"

"I'm a bit hungry."

"Oh."

Fortunately, the sleep deprived boy seemed to have some gum and handed it to Cale.

"Thanks."

"Uh-huh."

They were actually in the middle of the game. But the other group were busy stealing each other's band. Shinso and Cale only watched them while chewing some gum.

It seemed that Shinso was the best choice for today. He loses and can go.

Cale had comforted himself again and again. But with the wrong choices and decision on things that he really wants to do, it's no surprise that he always jinx himself.

Because at the near end of the match, the passive Shinso, whom he had a high expectation of, began to move. He then used mind control and easily got an extra point before the match ended.

Cale was beyond shocked.

"Shit." Cale spoke making Shinso flinched. What, was Cale mad after finding out his disgusting quirk? But before Shinso thought that he should leave his fave now, the redhead continued. "That's one heck of a quirk." He said selflessly.

Mind control. Cale really liked that kind of power. Adds up to his scamming skills, it's perfect.

But they still won fourth place so he was a bit upset.

His goal once again snapped like a brittle twig and was shoved harshly into the trash can by the God who was seeking entertainment.

He looked at Shinso again. "You're actually powerful than I thought." He said and left. Damn that kid. If I knew he's a wild card, I would have chosen Mineta's team.