12. (Hero Course)

"So which one came first?! The chicken or the egg?"

Nejire Hado suddenly popped out of Alberu's table and asked.

The crown prince of Roan flinched as soon as the female had bounced in front of him with a jolly attitude.

"The chicken...?" Comes Alberu's reply to the question. "But then again, how did the chicken came first when it came from an egg?" He pondered.

Nejire tilted her head and waited... and waited watching Alberu's face contorted into a really confused and frustrated frown.

Mirio Togata, who sat beside him laughed, reaching out to tap his shoulder to comfort him. "Crossman-san, don't sweat such a ridiculous question. Nejire was just messing with you." He explained, trying to get the poor prince out of his miserable state of mind because of that question.

The blue eyed prince tracked his dark oval eyes. "But what indeed came first?" He asked.

"Who knows. Maybe they just both appeared at the same time." Mirio replied. "Ah, by the way, the sport's festival is going to be held for the first years soon. Your friend Henituse-san is going to be joining as well, right?"

"Sport's festival?" Alberu repeated.

"Yeah. It's when every students participate in the competition." Nejire explained. "So, what's your quirk, Crossman-san?"

Alberu smiled at him. "I think you'll find out soon enough, Mirio-nim."

"Oh~ Crossman-san is being mysterious. Guess that's one perks of a prince?" The sunshine teased the other sun.

Everything went well in class. Alberu had earned some friends there as well making high school life easier for him. The prince never knew this type of things existed... well, academy did exist in their world, but most people that attended were of nobility.

Common people usually don't have time for education due to their living conditions. Albeit here, in this world, it's almost equal... almost. Because in hero schools, people only accept those who likely have quirks.

The clanging of silverware sounded around the table.

Alberu had been quiet for some time when he's the only one who had the best ability to strike up conversation. Although Raon is also good at it, he just sometimes... doesn't make sense. But makes that up with his cuteness. Eruhaben, too was good at conversation. But he's too blunt sometimes.

Cale and Choi Han? It's best to say that they're obviously not a good conversation starters. While Choi Han lacked communication due to him being isolated for many years, Cale is just naturally quiet.

Hence, their table muted.

Looking at one another before eyeing Alberu's current state of silence. His meal being left untouched made his company wonder what's pressing him to such a state.

"Eruhaben-nim."

"Yes."

Eruhaben quickly perked up as soon as the crown prince had called upon him.

Alberu breathed in, the ancient dragon is the wisest among them as he had lived a thousand years so he must have had the answer to his sudden problem--that Nejire brought upon him. His solemn face looked back to gold reptilian eyes.

"What came first? The chicken or the egg?" He asked.

Cale, who was about to put a spoonful of applepie in his mouth stopped midway and even Raon looked the same as how Cale was currently in, mirroring his guardian while looking at the prince, mouth parted with a spoonful of rice halfway from his mouth. Choi Han choked on his soft drink, concealing his laugh from the guise of a cough.