01. (The Rich Kid)

Concerning Cale's life, everyone must've been itching to know despite how unapproachable he looked

Concerning Cale's life, everyone must've been itching to know despite how unapproachable he looked. But the class settled quite quickly unknown to why they became this comfortable towards the intimidating former redhead commander.

But his answer, however, is not very believable in the slightest of their concerns at all.

"Well, there's gotta be at least a reason, right?" Mineta tried to convince.

Cale was thoughtful again. Yes, a reason is needed so he could get on with life without curious people. And seriously, teens these ages tends to be more skeptic as they grow up so he wouldn't put past them if they are this nosy over someone else's life.

As much as Cale didn't like lying, he was tempted to actually say one right now. Usually, people assumes what his thoughts are so it didn't accur to him how easy it is to get away from questioning.

But right now, people are waiting for response. And he wished they would just think that he got lost or something.

"It must've been a sensitive case." Midoriya was quick for the save as they were faced with quite a long silence from a frowning Cale.

His classmates looked at the greenette and seemed to have nodded to his theory.

"Were you perhaps, forced by the league?" Momo asked.

"League?" Cale frowned, taking a few bites from his food. He was hungry and at the same time, thinking what story he could tell... preferably not a sob story one.

"So you don't know about them?" Midoriya frowned.

Everyone were lost in their thoughts as well.

Asui hummed. "Well, I guess he must've been not a part of it." She started. Everyone looked at her as she stated her theory. "I mean, the league came out from that portal guy and I never saw any boy with hair like his' coming out of his warp gate. Also, he fell from above just right after that mist guy disappeared. So, I think Henituse-san is a different case." She explained.

Cale mentally nodded. Smart kid. He thought nearly putting up his scammer grin but decided not to use it right now. They might change their mind if they saw it.

"Well, that's true. But where did you came from, Henituse-san?" Uraraka asked.

Ah... another question. The redhead wiped his lips with the napkin provided before eyeing everyone's gaze at him.

"Korea." He replied.

And everyone didn't look convinced. Because one, he didn't look Korean. Two, he was fluent in Japanese. Three, he looked more like a European. So... what is he?

So when Cale saw all these skeptism crowded over the student's face, he sighed. "Half." He explained and everyone's frown slowly softened in realization.