20| The Dead Shall Remain Buried

"Hope, I'm bored," Alexandria complained to the girl sitting across from her as she leaned back in her seat to which Hope only hummed in response.

The two were sat in the library, which was becoming a usual spot for the two. With no Gemini twin to annoy, Alexandria found herself hanging out with Hope more. As they spent more time with each other they became more confident with calling the other a friend. So they found themselves at the library once more, hoping to find some peace and quiet, although they had forgotten one crucial factor. 

Tomorrow was Remembrance Day. It was much more lively that night as many students were crowded, taking their turns to write their letters. Alexandria had heard of it from the twins before they had left to visit their mom. A day that consisted of a tradition where students were asked to write letters to their dead loved ones so they could be later scattered in the cemetery. It was safe to say that the werewolf wanted nothing to do with Remembrance Day. And it seemed the only other person who was just as uninterested as her, was Hope.

Alexandria's head was hung back on the backrest of her chair so she was facing the ceiling. Arms crossed over her chest with one leg propped up on the seat. When she received no proper response from Hope, she looked back down to see that her undivided attention was been given to a book. Hope was sat straight up in her chair with her legs crossed, her sketchbook laying on top. Her facial expression remained neutral as she effortlessly drew a sketch of The Necromancer. A creature that had made themselves known after the twins' birthday a couple of days ago.

Alexandria admired how talented the girl was. How she was able to make beautiful works of art. During their times hanging out with one another, she discovered that Hope would usually draw when there was something bothering her. It seemed to be a way for her to process her emotions. Alexandria found it beautiful that she was able to express those feelings through art.

Alexandria patiently waited and once she noticed that Hope was just about finished with her sketch, she spoke up, "Can we do something?"

"Do what?" she finally responded, closing her sketchbook and putting it away.

"I dunno... something that means us leaving this library," she said, glancing over to the crowded library.

Hope sighed as her gaze followed the others. She too didn't particularly like their current environment and agreed. The two got up from their seats and had decided to go to the werewolf's room instead. Much more secluded and away from everyone else. But they were stopped when they saw an unfamiliar girl walk through the front door. She seemed to be in rough shape, bruising on her forehead, makeup smudged, specks of blood on her shirt.

"Cassie," Rafael had muttered from across the room, dropping his bag and bringing his girlfriend into an embrace.

"Wait, Cassie? Isn't that his supposed to be dead girlfriend?" she whispered to Hope who was just as baffled as her.

My Curse • Hope MikaelsonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara