35| Blood Debts

Alexandria strolled into Darcy's apartment with a skip in her step. As she walked into the dining area, Darcy paused what she was doing to find Alexandria happily eating some pastries that were left on the table.

Darcy looked at her strangely and approached the hybrid cautiously. "I assume it's done?" she said slowly as she leaned on one of the chairs.

Alexandria looked up and quickly swallowed her bite. "Yeah! It went great. His ashes are scattered over some abandoned warehouse," Alexandria beamed.

Darcy's mouth fell slightly agape and was left at a loss for words. Of all things, she didn't expect the hybrid to be so cheery. The witch knew that while she did come to Manhattan for that sole purpose, but seeing Alexandria so unbothered made her feel disturbed in a way.

Alexandria lit up as she remembered something. "Oh, right. Before I forget, I'm gonna need a location of The Syndicate's hangout spot. I remembered one of your contacts mentioned before."

The witch narrowed her eyes. "You told me that you only wanted Travis. And I agreed that was all I was gonna help you with. Our deal ended the moment you killed him," she reminded her. The last thing that Darcy wanted was more ties to the hybrid.

"Well, it seems we're going to have to negotiate a new one. I thought you of all people would be willing to give me it," the hybrid voiced aloud as she finished off her food. Alexandria flashed a smile before she moved towards the kitchen to wash her hands.

Darcy ignored her previous comment and crossed her arms over her chest. "What happened with Travis?" she asked as she unconsciously took a step back from the hybrid.

"The details aren't important. What is important though, is that I get that location before I get impatient," Alexandria spoke vaguely as she eyed the knife holder sitting in front of her.

Alexandria heard a scoff from behind her and the hybrid then took one of the knives out. She held it in her hands and saw how the light reflected off the metal. The Sinclair lightly ran a finger across the blade and noted how it looked as though it hadn't been sharpened in a while.

Darcy shook her head, about to refuse, but before she could even utter a single word, Alexandria threw the knife towards the witch. The kitchen knife landed right next to Darcy's face, skimming her cheek. She flinched as her eyes widened, now seeing the knife in the corner of her eye, lodged right in the wall. She let out a shaky breath and slowly brought her hand up to her cheek to feel a small trickle of blood. As the witch's eyes went back to the hybrid, she saw how she looked proud of herself.

"Huh, I've got pretty good aim," she commented as she reached behind her to grab another kitchen knife.

Darcy kept her back pressed against the wall and slowly shuffled away from the knife next to her. But she immediately froze in her spot as Alexandria raised the knife threateningly, lining up her shot like she was carrying a dart, and Darcy was the board.