32| Cross My Heart, Hope to Die

Alexandria, Jed, Kaleb and Josie all walked down the halls together. Hearing that Hope needed help, they didn't hesitate to pack their things and meet up with the tribrid at the front doors of the school.

"She's coming?" the two Gemini twins said in sync after seeing each other.

"I need all the help I can get, so please put your twin war on pause," Hope insisted.

She saw Alexandria standing next to Jed, having the white shirt she wore tucked into her baggy jeans with a grey jersey shirt jacket. Hope smiled at her, waving awkwardly and Alexandria returned the gesture.

While he wasn't coming, Rafael wanted to see the group off, but his mood turned foul after seeing a particular werewolf among them. "Why is he going?" Rafael pointed out Jed who rolled his eyes. "He hates Landon."

"Two wolves are better than one," Jed stated and he raised his hand, bumping the side of his fist with Alexandria's.

"Don't you guys also hate each other?" Rafael mentioned as he gestured between the two werewolves.

Jed shared a look with his Alpha and she simply shrugged her shoulders. "We settled our differences."

Kaleb noticed that a certain vampire was missing from the Super Squad. Seeing as he created the group, he knew that MG wouldn't be one to shy away from a fight. "Where's MG at?" he asked as he looked at Hope.

"He's on his way. Let's load up while we wait for him. Come on," Hope announced at led the group out the front doors.

But they didn't get far because when they walked down the steps, they were met with a group of men dressed in tactical gear. Carrying an assortment of weapons and riot shields made from metal with several armoured vehicles behind them. The logo of the three triangles intersecting was seen on their equipment.

"Oh, sorry. We were about to knock," the middle-aged man in front dragged out with fake sympathy.

"Who the hell are you?" Lizzie questioned, her tone sharp and callous.

The man turned his attention to the blonde witch, his eye twitching ever so slightly. "Name's Burr," he introduced himself.

Alexandria snorted after hearing the name, "You're mother named you that? She must've hated you." Jed and the vampires laughed at the comment but Burr glared at her.

Burr ignored the comment and continued. "As I was saying. We're from Triad Industries," he proceeded, his eyes scanning over the group of teenagers with disdain.

"Propellere," Hope recited and raised her hands, but an awkward silence followed as nothing came from the spell. Burr only smirked, satisfied with knowing that their plan was in motion.

Noticing that Hope's magic wasn't working, Kaleb stepped up. "I got this," he claimed as sped over to the group, but he was stopped as his skin began to melt the moment he stepped out into the sun. The Super Squad began to panic, realising what this meant for them.