23| The Fine Line Between Dreams and Reality

Alexandria sat in the comfort of her own room, headphones securely around her head as she did her best to study for her upcoming exams. Taking a three day road trip was not her plan so she was already incredibly behind on studying and some content for a couple of her classes. It left her feeling so unmotivated and she had almost given up on multiple occasions.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder. Alexandria flinched at the touch and quickly spun her chair around. Only to find Hope standing over her as she removed her headphones.

Hope raised her hands in the air in mock surrender and chuckled lightly at the werewolf's reaction. "You weren't answering but your door was unlocked."

Alexandria sighed in relief and put her hand over her chest. "Sorry... I haven't been getting much sleep lately," she apologised as she rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"I can tell," Hope replied, noticing her jumpy behaviour. "I think you need a break."

Alexandria stopped her movements and looked up at Hope. "I need to study. I've been so behind with everything. I just started at this school and then for the past three days, we haven't even been here. Oh, my god, I'm so behind," her voice trailed off and she hid her face in her hands.

Hope looked at her with concern and worry. "Okay, you definitely need a break."

The girl gently took hold of Alexandria's wrists and brought them away from her face. Although when Alexandria opened her eyes, Hope was nowhere to be seen.

"WHERE IS IT?!"

Alexandria's eyes snapped to the source of the voice, but she stumbled back and fell onto the floor at the sight. A sight she never wanted to see again. The pungent smell of blood and smoke filled her senses and her stomach began to churn. Alexandria's eyes frantically darted around her surroundings. She was back at the accident at the edge of Mystic Falls. The werewolf was beyond confused and incredibly alarmed.

The bloodied driver yelled out from his seat. "I know you have it!"

She was left stunned but was sent into a frenzied panic when the driver began to claw at her from his seat. The collapsed car didn't seem to faze the driver one bit as he grabbed the frame of the door to pull himself out. Despite the steel tearing at his legs, he didn't flinch once. He kept going until he was finally free from the wreckage. His legs had become mangled so he was left to drag himself on the asphalt road. A trail of blood being left behind. The sight made Alexandria sick to her stomach.

Alexandria cried out in fear as she crawled back but was stopped when her back hit something. Her heart jumped and it felt like it was pounding out of her chest as her muscles tensed up. She strained her neck to look above her, only to see a woman wearing a black lace veil, looming over her ominously. Her voice grew shrill as she screamed, seeing the woman so close to her, she pushed herself away from the driver and the woman. The veil covered her face but she saw glimpses of her features from underneath and it only terrified her even more. The veiled woman to the right and the driver crawling on the left.