2| Alaric Saltzman

Back at the Salvatore School, Alaric was in his office doing some extra research

Back at the Salvatore School, Alaric was in his office doing some extra research. Skimming through the pages of the book he was reading and occasionally taking notes of his findings when his phone rang from beside him. Prying his attention away from the book, he looked at his phone and say that he was getting a call from someone he didn't expect to hear from.

Eleanor Raymont

The two had worked together in the past, in the early days of the Salvatore Boarding School. During one of the recruitment missions, Caroline has stumbled upon Eleanor helping a werewolf pack. Caroline has discovered that she had a broad knowledge of the supernatural world and was very good at helping others. With enough convincing, Eleanor agreed to help Caroline with finding new recruits for the school for a bit before the woman had to move on. There was not much to know about Eleanor. Only that she was a werewolf that had a knack for helping out supernaturals in need. She had no children of her own and had never married. Eleanor Raymont had dedicated her life to helping others.

Alaric answered the call and brought the phone up to his ears. "Eleanor? Well, this is a pleasant surprise. Although I am a bit confused about this sudden call at almost 2 in the morning" he answered.

"Very funny, Ric. I had hoped this would've been on better circumstances but I'm afraid it's not," Alaric heard Eleanor say with extreme regret. The Headmaster had not heard from her in a while, so he instantly became worried about his old friend.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Alaric fired questions at her and had completely disregarding his previous work. While their time together was very short, the two had become very good friends in our short amount of time because of their common goal to help the supernatural.

"Don't worry about me, I'm completely fine. Although I can't say the same about my niece," she paused, taking a deep breath to prepare herself for what she had to say next. "She accidentally killed someone, triggering her curse. The full moon is in 3 days and I won't be able to make it in the time since I'm currently caught up with this pack and I also need to prepare for the full moon," her voice was quiet and filled with uncertainty.

"Wait what about her father? I know things are rough between them, but he knows about the supernatural world," he proposed.

"That's just it, Alaric. William, her father is the one she killed," the words fell from her mouth and they hung in the air.

At the sudden shocking news, he laid back in his seat, the phone still to his ear and he ran his other hand over his face, letting it hang over his mouth as he tried to process what she had just said.

"I'll be over there as soon as I can."

~ * ~

Alexandria and Lukas had been hanging at the police station for about an hour now. The officers were kind enough to give the teenagers a blanket and hot chocolate while they waited for Alaric Saltzman.

"You doing ok there, Lu?" Alexandria rubbed his arm to grab his attention. She had given him her phone so he could play some games since the boy's phone had died a while ago. She had hoped it was enough to distract him, and was pleased when it was more than enough.

His dirty blonde hair fell across his face, the screen reflecting off his blue eyes. Lukas was wearing one of his sister's old shirts that she had grown out of and one of the two pairs of jeans he owned. The Sinclair's weren't very financially stable, so every time they could save just a little bit of money, the seized the opportunity. That meant a lot of hand-me-downs for the younger boy.

"Yeah, I'm doing alright," he replied, his attention not leaving the game he was so invested in.

Alexandria smiled softly. "You know that I love you right?" her hand moved up to his head and Alexandria ruffled his hair. Since he was a boy, he had always hated it when someone messed up his hair. Which was all the more reason for his sister to do it.

Pausing his game, he whined and pushed his sister's hand away, his attention finally on her. "You didn't have to do that you know," his voice came out sarcastic and Alexandria let out a small chuckle.

"I know," Alexandria placed another small kiss on his forehead.

Turning off her phone, he set it down and hugged Alexandria once more. "I love you too, Al."

The sibling's moment was interrupted when they heard someone call out their name. 

"Alexandria and Lukas Sinclair?" a voice called out. Alexandria let go of her brother and turned to the voice behind her.

There, stood Alaric Saltzman. He was wearing a dark blue, probably navy button-up, a dark denim jacket to go over it, and black jeans. He looked rather tired, and understandably so.

"Yeah, that's me. I'm guessing you're Alaric Saltzman?" The oldest Sinclair guessed. Her voice was almost completely gone at this point from how much she had strained it.

"You guessed correctly," he spoke placing his hands in his jean pockets. "I'm sure your aunt filled you in on what's going to happen. I'm just going to talk to some officers before we head off. Sound good?"

"Sounds great," the girl replied.

He nodded his head toward her and walked away to talk to the receptionist. The past few hours had not completely processed for Alexandria. Her whole mind and body had gone completely numb.

"Hey, Lu. Get ready, we're going to leave soon," standing up, Alexandria waited for him to do the same.

Turning off her phone, he handed it back to his sister and stood up. Alexandria looked down at him and his big blue eyes. Seeing the tear stains on his cheek, she brought her flannel sleeve up to his face and wiped his face a little bit. They were both a mess right now. Lukas looked a little lost. Unsure. And Alexandria has the same exact look.

"Where are we going, Al?" his voice cracked a bit. The boy was just seconds away from having another breakdown and Alexandria silently begged for her own tears to not fall.

"Aunt Eleanor said we're going to a boarding school till she's able to pick us up. We might have to stay there a few days," Alexandria said with a small frown. Placing her phone in her back pocket, she brought both her hands up to his face. "We're going to be ok. We just have to stick together," Alexandria's frown had turned into a small sad smile.

Not saying anymore, he just nodded.

"Okay, I've talked to a few officers and they said you're both free to go. My car is just outside," Alexandria's attention turned to the voice just standing a few feet in front of me. "You guys ready to go?" Alaric asked the two teenagers.

"Oh yeah, we're good to go," Alexandria responded and wrapped an arm around her brother's shoulder. They both follow Alaric outside to see his truck parked right outside the station.

Alaric grabs his keys from his pocket he opens the truck and gets in the driver's seat while Alexandria and Lukas get in the back. Lukas gets comfortable right next to Alexandria, buckling up his seatbelt as and Alexandria does the same. The boy let out a yawn and leaned his head against the oldest teen's shoulder.

Alaric starts the car and the three make their way back to the Salvatore Boarding School. Alexandria stared outside the window and watched as the scenery outside while Lukas dozed off next to her.

"Your brother's got the right idea. You should probably get some sleep. It's about an hour's drive so you might as well get as much sleep as you can," Alaric whispers to not wake up the boy. His eyes never leaving the road.

Alexandria didn't respond, but she closed her eyes and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.