30| A Promised Dance

In the dead of night, Alexandria buried her hands in the pockets of the thick jacket she wore to protect herself from the chill. She wandered aimlessly around the Town Square of Mystic Falls. Despite its quiet nature, Alexandria had headphones securely around her head, blasting music in hopes of silencing her mind. But she was a little on edge. It was quiet, a little too quiet for her liking.

As she walked through the town, the werewolf felt a presence behind her, the source of her uneasiness on that particular night. As she continued down the path, Alexandria discreetly looked behind her to see a hooded figure lingering in the shadows. They thought they were being careful, but they certainly underestimated Alexandria's abilities as well as their own.

Since she had returned, Alexandria felt like she had to constantly check over her shoulder. A constant feeling that someone was watching her. It had been a week since she had come back to campus, and the paranoia was slowly eating away at her as the days passed.

Irritated, Alexandria led the mysterious figure down an alley and turned the corner to reach the back of area of a store. She pressed her back against the wall and carefully took off her headphones, letting them rest around her neck. Alexandria waited for the person to catch up, listening as the footsteps got closer and closer to her.

As the figure reached the end of the alley, Alexandria swiftly grabbed them by the neck and harshly shoved them into the wall. The person grunted and their hood fell off their head to reveal a man with somewhat long dark blonde hair and hazel eyes.

Alexandria's eyes narrowed, not recognising the individual at all. "Who are you?" she spoke flatly.

The man choked out, "Roman... Roman Sienna. I help Dr. Saltzman with some recon stuff for the school," he struggled to answer and brought his hand up to Alexandria's wrist, gripping at it and silently begging her to relent.

The name meant nothing to Alexandria so she raised an eyebrow, prompting him to continue and she loosened her grip just a bit so he could talk properly.

"H-He asked me to keep an eye on you," he paused as an angered expression appeared on her face. "Dr. Saltzman noticed that ever since you got back, you've been leaving the school middle of the night on multiple occasions. I happened to be around, so he just asked me to follow you and make sure you were safe," Roman explained as he winced from the discomfort.

"How long has this been going on?" she questioned him.

"Just the past two days," he answered quickly and Alexandria tightened her grip. He winced and tried at claw at her arms. "I swear! I only got here two days ago!"

Alexandria kept her grip firm as she analysed him, looking him up and down before she let go, satisfied he was telling the truth. Roman hunched over, rubbing his neck as he leaned against the brick wall, gasping out for air.