45| Two-Faced

To avoid any more staring, Alexandria threw the hood of her jacket over as her head hung low. Alexandria needed to clear her head and she knew that wasn't happening so long as she was on the Salvatore School grounds. But as she approached the gate, she spotted someone who made anger rise in her throat.

She saw Dorian and Alaric deep in conversation, exchanging papers as they stood outside the latter's car. A wave of burning-hot anger started to simmer and boil in Alexandria's core as she stared at her former Headmaster. Her jaw clenched as she remembered all that he had done to her. It made her skin crawl as she thought back to how he had chained her up and locked her away from everyone and everything. A vulgar thought passed through Alexandria's mind as she desperately wanted to make him feel the pain he had inflicted on her.

"Alex. Lizzie told me you were back–" Alaric said as he spotted her but stood up straighter when he saw how furious she looked.

Her body started to move without her thinking and she pushed Dorian aside and grabbed Alaric by the collar of his jacket.

"Wait–" Alaric exclaimed but was cut off as the hybrid punched him across the face. His head whipped to the side as he tasted blood in his mouth.

Dorian gasped and was about to step in but Alaric stuck out his hand to stop him. Alexandria pulled Alaric back up by his collar and punched him again with her other hand, and proceeded to follow it up with another, and another.

Alexandria's chest heaved up and down as she stared down at his hunched figure as he leaned against the side of his car.

"Are you done?" Alaric groaned as he brought a hand up to his face and noticed a bone out of place in his nose.

"That's all you have to say to me? Pretty sure if I punch you another time, I'll break your jaw, which doesn't sound too bad now that I think about it," Alexandria spat but stepped back from Alaric and Dorian.

Dorian looked at the two with disbelief but couldn't exactly blame the hybrid for acting out after he heard Alaric had done.

"As much as he probably deserves it, can you two please put this on pause because I think we have a serious problem," Dorian stepped in to stop Alexandria from continuing.

Alexandria rolled her eyes. "What now?" she sighed. Alexandria was furious at the man in front of him but his next words left her alarmed.

Alaric took a sharp breath before he reset his nose and wiped off the blood on his face. He exhaled deeply before he continued, ignoring the lingering pain in his face. "At the pit, was there anyone else besides you, Hope or Landon? Josie returned everyone's Malivore memories so I have to ask, do you remember anyone else?" Alaric rushed over his words as he attempted to stand up straighter.

"I dunno, I was too busy dying to take note of anyone else who was there," Alexandria sassed. "Why are you asking?"

Alaric gestured to Dorian to show the files he was holding to her. "I ran some tests, there was another person in the room where the Malivore pit was. I didn't know who or what it was until..." Alaric began and nodded at Dorian to continue.