43| Glimpses

Filled with a new determination, Hope marched down the steps of the Lockwood Cellar with MG in tow. The sound of her boots hitting the rocky ground echoed throughout the cellar, alerting the hybrid down the hallway.

"Come for another round?" Alexandria called out as she heard the footsteps approaching her cell, but she perked up as she heard another set following close behind. "Brought some backup I see," she added as she lifted her head to see Hope standing outside and MG cautiously keeping his distance. The corners of Alexandria's lips tugged upwards as she saw the fear painted over the vampire's expression.

Seeing her chains, MG faltered back slightly, hearing it rattle and echo in the cell. Hope wordlessly opened the cell and stepped inside, motioning for MG to follow.

As they had done before, Hope and MG got into their positions. MG stayed behind the hybrid while Hope stood in front of her. Hope didn't miss the displeased and annoyed expression she wore on her face. Alexandria didn't bother to hide how she felt.

"Just like before," Hope said to MG and he nodded in response.

MG went to place his hands on Alexandria's shoulders. But before he could, veins appeared under Alexandria's amber eyes, her fangs protruding from her gums as she attempted to bite his hand.

MG let out a high-pitched shriek and he only managed to step back before the hybrid could get a chunk out of his hand. "Bad hybrid! No biting!" MG exclaimed, the nervousness reaching his voice as he held his hand to his chest.

Alexandria started to laugh at the poor boy's reaction. She knew that fighting back was useless, but with nothing for company but herself, she gladly took his fear as a form of entertainment.

Hope sighed but caught the smallest flicker of emotion behind her eyes. Fear. She remembered that Alaric had said that physically weakening vampires and hybrids with no humanity would make them more vulnerable. More subjectable to feeling emotion, therefore making the process of turning their humanity on much easier.

Had she not seen the slight fear behind her eyes, she wouldn't have believed him. A new sense of determination filled her and she gestured for MG to come back so they could start.

"Are we sure about this, Hope?" MG's voice came out small and hesitant.

Hope followed suit and placed her hands on top of MG's as it laid on the hybrid's shoulders. "This needs to work," she replied as she closed her eyes.

The vampire took in a deep breath before he closed his eyes too. Alexandria's jaw clenched and unwillingly, she felt herself losing grasp on reality. Her surroundings turned into a haze before she was met with darkness.

The sensation was strange, riffling through another's memories. Unlike the previous time they had done this, their subject wasn't as willing to have their most private memories sifted through.