52| The Sands of Time

After dumping Jade's body on the border of Mystic Falls, Alexandria vamped all the way back to the bar. But when she came back, what she didn't expect was to find Josie passed out on the floor.

"Josie?" she called out and ran over to her.

Alexandria crouched down but when she got a better look at her features, her words got caught in her throat. Her brown hair was now jet black and she had faded dark veins around her face. Alexandria's eyes eventually drifted to the ground next to her. Broken pieces of glass and dark metal were scattered.

The Sinclair girl had only learnt very recently of what the Sandclock was and what it contained from Hope. She had warned Alexandria that if it were to break, the black magic would go back to the one who cast it. Upon inspection, she realised that the broken pieces of glass were indeed the Sandclock.

"Crap," Alexandria mumbled but proceeded to try to shake Josie awake. "Josie? Come on, Josie, you're really making a habit out of this 'passing out' thing. Wake up!"

Eventually, Josie started to stir. Her eyes shot wide open, but Alexandria pushed herself back when she saw that her eyes were pitch black.

"What the fuck?" Alexandria said under her breath as she scrambled away from the witch.

Josie sat up quickly and her head snapped towards Alexandria. Josie tilted her head at the hybrid and she noticed the dried blood on her hand. "What did you do to my father?" she questioned but her voice was deep, almost demonic before her eyes returned to their normal colour.

Alexandria furrowed her brows as she didn't know what to make of what she was seeing in front of her. "I-I killed Jade... your dad went to find more weapons back at the Salvatore Sch– the house, I mean," she explained cautiously.

A ghost of a smile appeared on Josie's face before she went to stand. "Good, we should find him," Josie announced and started to head towards the exit.

Alexandria quickly stood up and ran over to Josie. "Josie, wait!" Alexandria gently grabbed her arm but Josie whipped around and eyed the action. Alexandria immediately let go and let her hands fall to her sides. "What happened? How did the Sandclock break?"

Josie paused and looked off to the side in thought. "I broke it," she recalled.

"What? Why did you break it?" Alexandria questioned as her eyes fell to the remains of the broken Sandclock.

"I don't know. We have to find my father," Josie quickly dismissed and exited the bar.

Alexandria was left to follow Josie and despite her many questions, the witch ignored every single one and led them back to the Salvatore house. When they entered the house, they found Alaric holding a sword right above Jade's head which she had stopped with her hands.