11| Burn Baby Burn

With the threat seemingly eliminated, Alaric, Rafael and Landon had all come out of hiding and made their way to the two students

Alex had crouched down beside the dragon and took the blade out of the dragon's chest. Standing back up she handed the knife back to Hope without another word.

"You both alright?" Dr. Saltzman called out to Hope and Alex.

The two girls broke eye contact with one another and turned their heads to the sound of Alaric's voice. They both didn't know how to answer his question but as the Headmaster's eyes fell to the woman lying on the ground beside them, he seemed to have gotten his answer.

"Let's give her a proper burial. See if you can find a shovel," Alaric suggested and the two walked back to the cellar to find some tools.

As they walked past, Alaric got a call from Dorian once again.

"Dorian-"

"Found it!" Dorian quickly said without letting Alaric say another word. "The soft spot, that's how you kill it," he confirmed.

Alex overheard the call as she was walking down the steps of the cellar.

"Uh, knife in the heart did the trick," Alaric told him, sure that Dorian's research wasn't needed this time.

"Huh. Okay, so much for research," he said nonchalantly.

"I-It has got to be something else," Dr. Saltzman doubted.

"Nope. It's a dragon, all right," he whispered with disbelief. "I'm gonna have to call you back."

At this revelation, Alex quickly snapped her head to the exit and quickly ran out again. Only to be met with a dragon that was towering over her Headmaster. The woman they had seemingly killed was long gone and was now replaced with the mythical creature.

"Holy shit," Alex shuddered at the creature before them.

By now Hope, Rafael and Landon had followed behind Alex but quickly stopped in their tracks as they all saw what they were looking at.

"Dr. Saltzman..." Hope called out but her voice soon trailed off as she too saw the dragon. "Oh, my god," she uttered in disbelief.

But before any of them could get a proper look or even react to the situation, the dragon had flown up above the students. Letting out a dangerous and threatening roar before flying away.

"Was that a--" Landon stuttered.

"You guys go," Hope interrupted with urgency. "Get to the car and get out of here."

"Woah, wait a minute. What are you planning on doing?" Alex intervened.

"I have an idea," she answered back, looking towards Dr. Saltzman.

"What?" the Headmaster questioned.

Hope took the knife out, clenching it tightly in her hand. "She wants this. She's going to be back."