5| Where People Like You Belong

Alaric sat in his chair and watched as Alex and Lukas processed the information they were given, several thoughts and emotions going through their heads

Alaric sat in his chair and watched as Alex and Lukas processed the information they were given, several thoughts and emotions going through their heads. Their father has just died and now they have the bear the weight of knowing the existence of the supernatural world. He truly felt sorry for them.

"What does that mean?" Alex's voice had come out as weak and quiet that you almost didn't hear it. "If I am a werewolf now, how exactly does that affect me?"

Alex was on the brink of tears. Next to her, Lukas was in a similar state. Not as bad seeing as it didn't affect him at this moment. But Lukas was deeply worried about his sister.

"Eleanor, how about you take this one. You're a werewolf yourself so you'll be able to explain it better," Alaric said to Eleanor.

"Werewolves date back thousands of years. An ancient bloodline curse was placed on our people by a witch thousands of years ago so our werewolf gene would lie dormant until we took a life. Being a wolf has its upsides and downsides, being that we would have enhanced senses. Increased strength, hearing, speed, and even healing. Although we do experience fits of anger and aggression which can be dangerous and hard to control at times. And the big one, turning into a wolf every full moon," Eleanor explained the history of her kind without one stutter.

Alex sighed and looked towards her brother as if she was looking for some sort of indication. Staring at each other, it was like they were both have a full-on conversation. Alex looked back towards curiosity, more specifically the phone that was still placed on Alaric's desk.

"Did mom ever trigger her curse?" a pang of sadness washed through her face at the mention of her and Lukas' late mother.

Eleanor was probably expecting this question because without hesitation she responded, "No, your mother never triggered her curse. She remained human until her death."

No one could tell what was going through the Sinclair's heads. Both of their expressions had remained blank. Before Alaric could analyze further, she changed the topic wanting to remember her mother.

"What's going to happen?" She asked sounding unsure with herself.

"You're aunt and I have discussed the possibility both of you moving here and attending the Salvatore School. Lukas would have to attend a different school since his gene lies dormant and is still considered human. Of course, it is your choice in the end, but we think it's beneficial if you would attend this school where you will be surrounded by people just like you," Alaric stepped in.

"I'm going to be coming down in a few days. As your new primary caregiver, it's my job to take care of both of you. I'm thinking of moving to Mystic Falls if you agree to attend the Salvatore School so you and Lukas won't be separated," Eleanor added on.

Alex looked confused and lost but she was handling this surprisingly very well. She was already showing the effects of the upcoming full moon from her previous outburst. Most newly triggered wolves handle their anger poorly when a full moon is coming up. But she was handling the situation rather maturely, which made Alaric's job a lot easier.