31| Mirrored Reflection

The sudden disappearance of Landon during the night of the Mystic Falls Pageant had alerted the faculty members. With nothing but a vague voicemail left, Alaric, Emma and Hope had gathered for a meeting to discuss the matter. But the Headmaster had concluded that nothing in his voicemail had raised any suspicion and decided that the matter would be set aside until his return.

Hope didn't quite agree with him but he understandably needed space. She understood that she had lied, kept a piece of information about his mother to herself and Landon was beyond mad with her. While it came from good intentions, whether it was right or not was something that Hope was still debating on.

But she couldn't do anything at that particular moment and decided to distract herself. After leaving Alaric's office, Hope entered the school's kitchen to see many pots, pans and ingredients scattered over the benches.

"Was there a monster attack in here?" she questioned with sarcasm as she saw Lizzie standing over a bench, remnants of her attempt at baking dirtying her apron.

Lizzie's head shot towards Hope. "There you are. I got tired of waiting, so I attempted a banana cream pie by myself," she said quickly.

"Where is it?" Hope asked, seeing nothing through the amount of kitchen appliances on the tables.

"In the garbage," she answered as she began to take off her apron. "I said 'attempted'. So we're gonna go back to plan A, and you are gonna make it for me," she explained with a smile as she handed the apron to Hope.

Hope stared at the apron blankly but couldn't protest as Lizzie continued to talk. "Status update, Josie didn't come back last night. I think she slept in Penelope's old room, which is a really good way to get hepatitis B," she spat and a scowl formed on her face at the mention of Park witch.

Hope gave up with trying to keep up with Lizzie's report. "Have you slept at all? You seem a little..."

"Focused? Motivated? On point?" Lizzie snapped before she could continue.

"Sure. Yeah..." Hope said, watching Lizzie's erratic behaviour as a result of no sleep.

"Not sleeping in the same room means that 'Twin Forgiveness Cuddle' is off the table. But she's been holed up in the library, so a snack offering should do the trick," she explained, barely taking a breath.

"Hmm... I've been seeing Alex in the library a lot lately," Hope muttered to herself.

Lizzie stopped for a moment hearing what Hope said. "Alex? And the library? What's up with her?" she questioned as she went back to preparing Josie's plate of snacks.

Hope watched as Lizzie practically chucked the snacks into the bowl. "At some point, you might actually have to apologise."

Lizzie gasped, almost offended at her suggestion. "Never apologise," Lizzie stopped her and Hope awkwardly looked away. "Trust me, okay? This is what we do. I'm selfish, then she sulks, and then I offered baked goods," she stated as she strutted over to Hope.